Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   Announcements & General Discussion (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hoyt Ghost. (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=678)

Ruth Goldsmith-Welch Benet 09-04-2006 05:38 PM

Hoyt Ghost.

So I lived on Hoyt fourth for a week and one day now. and I haven't seen a ghost.... a huge closet. a huge room. alot of stairs for move in ( def a minus).... but the only suspcious activity was my rd sneaking in to give me white black and bling invitations...

anyone seen this being?

Ruth Goldsmith-Welch Benet 09-04-2006 05:39 PM

oh and the basement, especially the part thats broken into, is rather creepy as well.... kinda liked a locked up moldy basement.

09-04-2006 05:43 PM

But how would you know how creepy the part that is broken into is? One would hope you did not do the breaking-into.

Ruth Goldsmith-Welch Benet 09-04-2006 05:50 PM

I must admit, that you caught me.

I do not know exactly how creepy that part is, having never been there, I can only say that looking through the gate looks creepy...

Kevin P. Egan 09-04-2006 06:05 PM

Well I know for a fact that someone from this forum has been in that area of hoyt basement. They were denied access and still managed to get in, with the help of an accomplice. They managed to discover the area of many recycle bins. Though no one else has ever seen these bins, and are generally considered to be a myth.

Mike Richichi 09-04-2006 08:07 PM

Back in the day

There used to be a Civil Defense fallout shelter kit down in Hoyt basement. Water cans, survival crackers in metal tins, medical supplies, and a book on how to provide medical care to those who had been hurt by the nuclear destruction. A lot of the instructions involved giving people the phenobarbital that was in the kit so they would be peaceful and not disturb the other shelter residents.

I'm pretty sure that stuff's not there anymore. There were a few fallout shelters on campus--it'd be interesting to track them down again.

Paul R. Coen 09-05-2006 01:32 PM

The (roughly west) side of the Hoyt basement on the right (past where the boiler is) used to be the air rifle club range. Disbanded sometime around 1987. They were still listed as a club, so the Yearbook still had a picture scheduled. A bunch of students who played laser tag in various buildings showed up for the picture instead - not sure what year it was. Sometime around 1988/89/90, I think.

09-05-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth G. Welch
So I lived on Hoyt fourth for a week and one day now. and I haven't seen a ghost.... a huge closet. a huge room. alot of stairs for move in ( def a minus).... but the only suspcious activity was my rd sneaking in to give me white black and bling invitations...

anyone seen this being?

give her some time. she generally doesn't bother girls she likes, but i don't know many people who have lived there for an entire year and not seen SOMETHING.

09-05-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Well I know for a fact that someone from this forum has been in that area of hoyt basement. They were denied access and still managed to get in, with the help of an accomplice. They managed to discover the area of many recycle bins. Though no one else has ever seen these bins, and are generally considered to be a myth.

oh i hate hoyt basement. i had to go down there once to pack up woco stuff. it smells bad and is no fun.

Patricia M. Brabant 09-07-2006 07:44 PM

Does anyone know the "story" of the Hoyt ghost? I can never remember if she hung herself, or if she was the victim of a homicide...
The only detail I can clearly recall is it was because of an encounter from one of the Navy guys living in Hoyt during WWII....