Healthy Transitions Blackboard and MSB Alcohol Course... ???
Healthy Transitions Blackboard and MSB Alcohol Course
You guys know what i'm talking about right? If not, i'll post the directions at the bottom. I recieved an e-mail from my Big Sister saying we had to complete these courses before we arrived to school... but when I get there, it tells me my access is denied and I have to log out or change users.... but why would I change users if I'm the one who needs to complete it?
I don't want this to be the reason I can't register on Sept. 1st.
HELP. (p.s... I've already contacted my Big Sister and technical support.... I was looking to see if anyone else had and solved this problem, or just letting other freshmen know incase they don't check their e-mail often.)
OH, and wouldn't you think if something that needs to be done by the time we get to college wouldn't just go through e-mail, and we'd actually get somthing in the actual postal mail? I'm frusterated. sorry.
Healthy Transitions Blackboard and MSB Alcohol CourseReminder: Incoming first year students are required to log into Healthy Transitions to complete the online MSB alcohol course before August 30, 2005.
You do not have to complete the course in one sitting as the site allows you to log on and off and continue the course at your leisure.
Blackboard is available from any computer with an internet connection and a web browser.
To Enroll in Blackboard:
· Go to: "http://blackboard.drew.edu"
· Type your Drew uLogin account information (username and password) into the relevant fields. Note: If you have any problems with this step, please contact the CNS Helpdesk at 973-408-3205.
· Click the Courses tab in the main portal window.
· Click the link for Group.
· Find the course, GROUP-STULIFE-003 Healthy Transitions - First Year Students by scrolling down.
· Click the Enroll button.
On the next screen, you will see a box labeled Access Code. Enter first_years as the code, and click Submit. (please note that access codes are case-sensitive).
· You should receive a message Receipt: Success. If you do not get this message, try again.
· Click Ok to enter the course.
· You will now see the start up page for Healthy Transitions.
Note: you will only need to follow these steps once. When you have successfully accessed the Healthy Transitions site, you will only have to type in your Drew uLogin account information for future access. Healthy Transitions will appear in the box entitled MyCourses.
To Complete the MSB Alcohol Course:
· Log into Blackboard with your Drew uLogin information.
· Select Healthy Transitions-First year students from My Courses.
· Select the "Social Health" navigation button on the left
· Scroll down and open the "My Student Body.com" Folder
· There are two hyperlinks that contain detailed instructions regarding access to the Alcohol course as well as a Sexually Transmitted Disease module. The websites also include FAQs and instructions for First Time Use as well as instructions for Return Users.
<H3 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 4.15pt 0.3in">Once again, we hope you will take advantage of all the information these online resources have to offer. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about the MSB-Alcohol course and the Healthy Transitions Blackboard resource.
Audra Tonero, MS,Ed., SAC, LCADC
Coordinator, Substance Awareness & Educational Programs
Kathy Werheim, MA, MPA
Coordinator, Aventis Wellness Program
Where do you get the Access Denied message? I see that you have an account already in Blackboard.
Ah, I lied. I clicked on the actual Link instead of Enroll.
Yeah... this is why i'm going to college... For one thing; learn to follow directions.
Sorry for the enormous thread.
I did the alcohol thing last year, do I need to redo it this year? Also, what is this blackboard thing?
Um I don't have the course listed we are supposed to take. I have Healthy Transitions for Second year students.On the blackboard site I mean ...help?
also, on the Alcohol part, the pre-quiz isn't letting me get past the first page.
You should have recieved a sheet about it in the mailing that had the FAQ booklet in it.
so r we supposed to print our certificate of acievment or something? and do we have to pass them all? also on the STD quiz theres like no confim that u took it is that ok?
I vote that this activity is retarded.
I wonder how many hours of my life have been wasted on health/drug/alcohol/sex ed/etc classes so far...
...I figure that after taking these classes since 4th grade, I'm destined to become a health teacher. Maybe I'll go work for MADD and make kids try those beer goggles on.
/bitter 4.20am rant
Lauren, if you took it last year, you shouldn't need to take it again.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.5.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Drew University is not responsible for the content of posts made on this site. All posts and comments reflect the opinion of the author.