Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   Technology Discussion (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   A Question of Preference (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=218)

Golbanou Tabatabaie 08-24-2005 10:03 PM

A Question of Preference

Just a few thoughts for the mods:

1) Is it possible to banish the "minimum characters per post" option (or at least lowering it to 1)? I'm getting tired of typing out lengthy posts when all I really want to say is .

2) It would be a lot more fun if we could specify our own user titles. I'm what, a Power Ranger or something -- along with ten million other Drew students. I'd much rather be my own unique user kthanx. :D

Questions? Comments? Votes?

Golbanou Tabatabaie 08-24-2005 10:06 PM

(Please be advised that this is a public poll, so if someone doesn't like your answer they will know who to shoot spit-balls at!)

Russell W. Sprague 08-26-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golly Tabatabaie
1) Is it possible to banish the "minimum characters per post" option (or at least lowering it to 1)? I'm getting tired of typing out lengthy posts when all I really want to say is .

Personally, I'd like to hear more from people than a graphic. *shrug* If I want people replying with silly photos that say PWNED!!!11, I'd read Fark or SA or /. at -1.

Quote:

2) It would be a lot more fun if we could specify our own user titles. I'm what, a Power Ranger or something -- along with ten million other Drew students. I'd much rather be my own unique user kthanx. :D

On most message boards, a person's words are capable of setting them apart as unique users. :D

Golbanou Tabatabaie 08-26-2005 01:35 PM

*whines*

but....but...

Russell W. Sprague 08-26-2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

*whines*

but....but...

I don't speak for CNS or the other mods or anyone beyond myself. All of this was discussed before putting things into place. We debated not using titles, making them user-specified, or going with the current (default) system. You can see what won out.

Though, as the third most prolific poster on these boards, rest assured that you'll have a higher title than most out there.

Golbanou Tabatabaie 08-26-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Sprague

Though, as the third most prolific poster on these boards, rest assured that you'll have a higher title than most out there.

Haha, yes!

I have no life, I mean -- jeeeeeah I love the Drew boards.....

08-26-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Sprague
If I want people replying with silly photos that say PWNED!!!11, I'd read Fark or SA or /. at -1.

what about the HA! HA! guy? He's hilarious!

08-27-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

I post on the other forums and on one of them, they have a custom title in addition to the ranking system. It's a pretty nice way to do it, but I don't know if thats compatible with this board system.

The other two are more similar to this. One doesn't even have a post count because they don't want people posting useless shit to boost it. The other has a bunch of interesting titles. I think I'm currently a Pizza Guy or Mustache Rider or something.

Kevin P. Egan 08-27-2005 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
what about the HA! HA! guy? He's hilarious!

I love the Ha Ha guy too, but he's getting to be too prolific. People spam message boards and forums w/ this guy. Now I am more into the teachings of the Giant Spaghetti Monster, he reached out and touched us with his noodly appendage

08-27-2005 07:22 PM

and he created a midgit. after a mountain, and trees. Then he rested (for THREE days).

Ramen.