Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   The Other End (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   TOE Status Report (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=305)

Andrew A. Elliott 10-04-2005 03:01 PM

TOE Status Report
 
Hey all,

This is the skinny on TOE and the imminent renovation of Sitterly house.

TOE IS NOT CLOSING ITS DOORS FOREVER.

However, renovations will be occuring in the near future that will probably call for a temporary closure at some time. These renovations will help TOE in the long run by making sure that it is a safe environment (electrical, fire safety, etc) and by making the venue ADA compliant. (For the uninitiated...ADA is the American Disability Act, which makes sure that hanicapped individuals have free and equal access to all places that others do.)

We will be having a meeting soon with facilities, the English department, the architect, and the student leadership of TOE to discuss the impact of these renovations.

We will keep you posted.

Best,

Kevin P. Egan 10-05-2005 02:16 AM

Thats great, Toe is a good place to relax and unwind after work and to hang out w/ friends playing the UNgame. it has its downs (live performers w/ electric guitars playing way too loud for such a small enclosed space....guarenteed hearing loss with any lengthly period of time) but its benefits far outweigh the cons.

10-05-2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Thats great, Toe is a good place to relax and unwind after work and to hang out w/ friends playing the UNgame. it has its downs (live performers w/ electric guitars playing way too loud for such a small enclosed space....guarenteed hearing loss with any lengthly period of time) but its benefits far outweigh the cons.


You complimented TOE this week. Take a trip to the Compliment Chalet.

They need to get new board games down there....and ones with full pieces...

10-05-2005 03:07 PM

of course, it doesn't help when people take the cards from the ungame.

Russell W. Sprague 10-05-2005 03:24 PM

You should play 1000 Blank White Cards. It's fun.

Kevin P. Egan 10-05-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
of course, it doesn't help when people take the cards from the ungame.


But that helps the game fulfill its purpose of being....un.....
Think of it, all other games have cards and people get upset when said cards are stolen. With the UNgame, it creates an opportunity for more UNgameness!

10-05-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ
You should play 1000 Blank White Cards. It's fun.


I do want to play that at some point, but I haven't gotten around to convincing people to/actually understanding it/getting notecards.

10-05-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
I do want to play that at some point, but I haven't gotten around to convincing people to/actually understanding it/getting notecards.


Andrew had actually told me about that; I would be willing to try it and I have index cards in my room.

10-05-2005 08:31 PM

we would need a lot of index cards.

but yeah, we should do it. Now I've been reading about the game, and I'm more excited.

Kevin P. Egan 10-05-2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
we would need a lot of index cards.

but yeah, we should do it. Now I've been reading about the game, and I'm more excited.

But to be honest, you get excited with just about anything you read on wikipedia. Maybe there's a thrill to reading wikipedia/uncyclopedia that I am just not getting


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.5.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Drew University is not responsible for the content of posts made on this site. All posts and comments reflect the opinion of the author.