Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   CLA Students (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Message board suggestion (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=18)

06-17-2005 05:02 PM

Message board suggestion
 
I think that this new message board thing is perhaps the coolest thing in the world, and I am extremely excited to use it. I'm a dork, what can I say?

My suggestion is to add the various Drew a capella groups to the student organizations, so they can each have their own message board. I can think of all sorts of ways that could be useful.

...And is anyone surprised that I suggested this? No? Didn't think so. :D

E. Axel Larsson 06-17-2005 05:25 PM

Great Idea.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn D. Nasuti
I think that this new message board thing is perhaps the coolest thing in the world, and I am extremely excited to use it. I'm a dork, what can I say?

My suggestion is to add the various Drew a capella groups to the student organizations, so they can each have their own message board. I can think of all sorts of ways that could be useful.

...And is anyone surprised that I suggested this? No? Didn't think so. :D


Done.. Did I miss any?

06-17-2005 05:29 PM

Yes, you missed one. Shadow of His Wings, which goes by the acronym WHoS, is Drew's co-ed, Christian a capella group. They were new this year, which is probably why you forgot them.

Thanks for adding the a capella groups. :)

E. Axel Larsson 06-17-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn D. Nasuti
Yes, you missed one. Shadow of His Wings, which goes by the acronym WHoS, is Drew's co-ed, Christian a capella group. They were new this year, which is probably why you forgot them.

Thanks for adding the a capella groups. :)


Thanks. WHoS has been added.

06-19-2005 04:32 PM

other groups
 
Can we add the Alliance and Women's Concerns to the student groups? and perhaps the theme houses?

E. Axel A. Larsson (admin) 06-20-2005 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda C. Lemen
Can we add the Alliance and Women's Concerns to the student groups? and perhaps the theme houses?

I've added those two groups, but haven't done the theme houses yet. Can anyone point me to a good list of all the current theme houses?

Also, there is the issue of what is presently considered the preferred spelling for the latter group's name. This site (which appears to be more recent) has it as Women's Concerns. However, there is also this site which has it spelled Womyn's Concerns...

For now, I've used the spelling as it is on the more recently updated page...

06-20-2005 12:51 PM

Woco Spellings...
 
The Theme House is Womyn's Concerns. The Club is Women's Concerns (as of last year, there has been talk about the Club changing it's name because of the confusion. But the simple (current) answer is the Theme House has a Y, the Club has an E.

E. Axel Larsson 06-20-2005 02:03 PM

Post moved..
 
Moved Zach's question about read markings to a new thread.. Here...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.5.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Drew University is not responsible for the content of posts made on this site. All posts and comments reflect the opinion of the author.