Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   Technology Discussion (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Serials with bundled 2008 software (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=2897)

Gregory R. Everitt 08-26-2009 04:42 PM

Serials with bundled 2008 software

I am going into my sophomore year and recently had my computer reimaged. I am trying to install the copy of Adobe Premiere Elements that came with my computer, but I don't know what the serial code is or where it is. How do I find this? I have the sleeves for all the discs.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to put this in the technology support forum. Can a moderator do that for me, please?

Destiny N. Nelson 08-27-2009 10:44 AM

The serial numbers for the Adobe 5.0 Suite (junior class) are entered automatically during the setup process. The serial numbers for the Adobe 7.0 Suite (sophomore class and freshman class) are on the back of the CD sleeves that the disks were shipped in. Please keep your CDs and the sleeves. These programs are not pre-installed in the image and if your computer is reimaged, you will have to reinstall them using the CDs.

Gregory R. Everitt 08-27-2009 11:38 AM

Ah, well the serial key is not automatically entered for some reason. There are no valid serial keys on the back of the sleeve, or at least not full valid serial codes (would I stick two codes together?). When I leave the serial field blank, it tells me that User Name, Country and Serial have to be filled out. I am using Windows XP SP3. I had this same problem under Vista.

PS: I am currently off campus but should return on the 29th.

Destiny N. Nelson 08-27-2009 11:49 AM

Can you confirm which version of Premiere Elements you're installing? Since you're a sophomore, it should be Premiere Elements 7.0. The sticker should be on the back of the sleeve and it says SERIAL NUMBER: PREMIERE ELEMENTS and then posts the 24 digit serial number underneath.

Rian D. Spivak 08-27-2009 11:57 AM

The envelope should look like this with the serial number on the bottom left of the envelope (Though I've blurred out this particular serial number):

The serial number is is setup with 6 sets of four numbers, with no letters separated with dashes.

Destiny N. Nelson 08-27-2009 12:01 PM

The sleeves will look like this for the sophomores and freshmen. The date at the top may vary, but that's no cause for concern.

Gregory R. Everitt 08-27-2009 06:30 PM

The disc is for version 4.0. (Is that because I got the discs with my laptop at the beginning of last year?) Also, there is no sticker on the bottom, only the one on the flap.

Destiny N. Nelson 08-28-2009 03:59 PM

Does the disk actually say Premiere Elements 4.0 or is it the "Learning Adobe Creative Suite 4" disk?

Gregory R. Everitt 08-28-2009 05:11 PM

It says "Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0". It is a DVD-ROM and is "for bundles only" The flap sticker has the number P45R6525, the S/O code 1546669 and its date is 2008/08/23. It came bagged with other Adobe software and that bag has the same date, in addition to the S/O 1546898.

Kristen E. Hugg 08-28-2009 05:23 PM

My computer was reimaged last semester, and I'm having the same exact issue as Greg. The only thing I was unable to install was Premier Elements 4.0 - I don't have a serial number for it, and I don't have serial numbers for the rest of the Adobe products, either (though they installed just fine).