Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   WMNJ (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I'll Start (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=22)

Catherine B. Nicholson 06-17-2005 05:16 PM

I'll Start

We have one ? I thought it went broke years ago? ;)

06-18-2005 03:05 AM

We had one fall semester. And then in the spring, it just fell apart. It sucks, it was wicked awesome.

06-18-2005 05:21 PM

Well, it should be noted that the radio station was working during the 2003-2004 school year, after a late start in 2003. I'd really like to see the radio do well, and get listeners, and become really organized and such.

06-19-2005 02:47 AM

yeah, me too. before winter break, we had a big meeting discussing all this stuff that was supposed to be happening. none of it did. whatever.

Rita Gregory 06-21-2005 02:10 PM

Wmnj

I happened upon the Drew station one morning while driving to work, and thought how great it was...they were playing "classic" rock and I loved it until I listened for more than an hour and realized all the music was on a loop and just it played the same songs over and over again...

Russell W. Sprague 06-21-2005 03:11 PM

There were a few times when I was air staff director where we had to resort to the 100 CD changer to fill an hour here or there, typically in the morning. We felt really horrible about not being able to fill 10 AM - 4 AM like the year before, and found a whole ton of old schedules from when WMNJ was fully staffed 24/7 a few years before that.

Things have changed quite a bit, it seems.

Paul R. Coen 06-21-2005 03:21 PM

I actually had a show my first semester at Drew (fall '87) from 3am to 5am on Thursday mornings. The time was a benefit -- the 5am to breakfast window was when I did a bunch of laundry.

06-24-2005 04:16 PM

I had a friend...

I had a couple of friends who lived in Tolley and they had their shows on the Drew radio. I went down there a couple of times with them and it was nice. I think that not enough people on this campus really have time for signing up at the radio station unless they want to go into that field or whatever.

06-24-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casilda Rodriguez
I had a couple of friends who lived in Tolley and they had their shows on the Drew radio. I went down there a couple of times with them and it was nice. I think that not enough people on this campus really have time for signing up at the radio station unless they want to go into that field or whatever.

Yeah, I know a couple of people who had radio shows 2003-2004. I didn't hear much about it 2004-2005, though, except that there were applications for new shows. Having your own radio show sounds really cool, but how do you come up with stuff to entertain people with every time you're on? Like, you know, in between the music ...

Maureen Tauriello 07-19-2005 11:14 AM

To all at WMNJ

I am an employee of Drew and my husband is in Radio. Back in 2003-04 he came on board to help WMNJ get on the air again. He is available to consult and mentor if you would like. The board at the time dropped the ball and he sensed that maybe his help would not be welcome. Please drop me an email or email him directly if you would like his input and assistance.

my email is mtauriel@drew.edu his is tauriello@aol.com