Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   Gripes (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What kind of music or bands would you want to see perform on campus: just wondering. (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=2978)

09-07-2009 06:45 PM

What kind of music or bands would you want to see perform on campus: just wondering.

I think it would be sweet if we had good bands perform on campus.:p :)

I think it would be cool if Godsmack, Alice in Chains, or Metallica performed on campus.

What do you think?

Xiomara M. Henry 09-07-2009 08:03 PM

:d

i would love to see black eyed peas, the cab, justin timberlake, demi lovato, paramore, asher roth, kanye west,etc.

09-07-2009 09:22 PM

Yep

Yeah. That would be pretty neat.

Gregory R. Everitt 09-08-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew D. Hamlin-Cavanagh
I think it would be sweet if we had good bands perform on campus.:p :)

I think it would be cool if Godsmack, Alice in Chains, or Metallica performed on campus.

What do you think?

You know what would be even cooler? If Layne Staley were still alive.

I would pick Rush, too. Imagine them playing in the Simon Forum.:)

Rudi A. Jones 09-08-2009 09:54 AM

Black Sabbath! Hahaha I know they're old...

09-08-2009 11:29 AM

Preferably not another washed up 90s band, though that seems to be our theme...

actually Everclear was really good and I wasn't here for Eve 6 but Spin Doctors were so, so terrible.

Samuel J. Scribner 09-21-2009 04:39 PM

Why not go local?

I've noticed a lot of the responses here are pertaining to very famous, EXPENSIVE groups.
There are a lot of more localized musicians / bands that would be willing to play for far less mullah and also may actually draw some crowds if they are known amongst students.
Some people around here are into alternative / indy stuff and some students even know many performers or groups who would totally play! MySpace is a great resource for finding muzak to bring to campus.
Also, don't forget the great groups we already have on campus!!
-a capella groups on campus sound pretty smooth
- drew's jazz ensemble is very talented (I am biased though)
- anything by Campbell Payne!
- Sweet jams that occasionally take place at DOYO late at night
(for those who are interested, just start hanging around the practice spaces!!)

It's nice to occasionally get a dying 90s breed like Everclear or Spin Doctors, but we must consider that they are very expensive acts and are only had once or twice a year.
Far more music could be had throughout the year if the bands were smaller-scale (but still popular on a local level)

William A. Menges 09-21-2009 07:53 PM

Ed Alleyne-Johnson

Patricia O. Rentschler 09-22-2009 06:41 PM

It'd be awesome if we could book Protest the Hero, Los Campesinos!, The Shins, The Fall of Troy, Fleet Foxes, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, or of Montreal.

I wouldn't want to see AIC without Layne, haha.

Opeth would be amazing too but I doubt Drew could afford them...

I agree with sticking with local bands or indie bands if cost and frequency is a concern.

James A. Matarrese 09-25-2009 12:44 PM

I think it would be neat if we could get some NJ bands here like The Gaslight Anthem or something along that line.

Alkaline Trio would be really cool too, but I get the feeling that love for punk-roots bands isn't exactly high on this campus...everyone seems to be a bloody Taylor Swift fan...