Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   WMNJ (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I'll Start (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=22)

Russell W. Sprague 07-20-2005 12:46 PM

There's also quite a few former WMNJ executive board members who work for the university, including at least two former general managers. We've offered our help time and time again, and have not gotten any response. *shrug*

Just sad to see it go from a 24/7 station with a huge percentage of the student body having shows to being on only a few hours a night. Even when it was only on from 10 AM to 3 AM while I was in charge, it was still one of the largest clubs on campus.

Maureen Tauriello 07-20-2005 01:51 PM

It's a shame there is not more interest because I see a lot of potential for the station. It can reach an area beyond campus and could provide community service, university promotion etc etc. Plus it is excellent training for anyone who would like a career in broadcasting.

FYI to the current wmnj staff, my husband tells me that your license is up for renewal in 2006 and if the paperwork is not filed you will lose the station... hope someone who is currently involved reads this and takes the appropriate action.

07-20-2005 02:01 PM

I offered to help Chris Cheseboro work on the station last semester. I don't know if he's still general manager or anything, but I'm willing to work on getting the station back up and running this year (I can even come in during the coming weeks to get stuff together before September, I don't live too far).

If there's anything I can do, just let me know. I have no idea who's in charge anymore, though.

Russell W. Sprague 07-20-2005 03:40 PM

I've also heard rumors that some other crucial paperwork isn't being kept up with, which has me worried. I hope they're still paying ASCAP on time.

Maureen Tauriello 07-25-2005 03:48 PM

wmnj

Being a licensed FM station is a responsibility and a priviledge. WMNJ is a low powered FM station, the FCC doesn't even grant that type of license anymore. If the application to renew the license does not get filed in time, there will be no way to get the license back and WMNJ will cease to exist. I don't understand why the station is not accountable in some way to the university and why there is no one in charge of this very important paperwork. Why hasn't anyone stepped up to the plate on this??? Does anyone out there care????

07-26-2005 01:17 AM

the station isn't accountable to the university because it's just a club. Drew doesn't take charge of clubs because they're flagging. If the membership gets low, then the membership gets low, and either the people decide they don't care enough, or they get more people.

07-26-2005 03:15 AM

Is Chris Cheseboro even still general manager?
Who has the paperwork that needs to get done? And who is supposed to do it?

07-26-2005 11:22 AM

uh oh, it sounds like someone's volunteering...;)

07-26-2005 02:08 PM

I've been volunteering since last fall ;)

07-26-2005 10:35 PM

then how come the paperwork isn't done?

kidding!

but, no, really.