Drew Community

Drew Community (https://community.drew.edu//index.php)
-   36 Madison Avenue (https://community.drew.edu//forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   I'll start the discussion... (https://community.drew.edu//showthread.php?t=29)

06-18-2005 11:16 AM

I'll start the discussion...

I don't know if anyone has been to the MadAve website lately, but going there made me very sad. It wasn't the same way that I'm sad when I go to other group websites and see that the last time they were updated was in 2002. No, it was the kind of sadness when you go to the page that lists the biographies for the different members of MadAve, and it looks so empty without the links for Joe, Jonathan, Scott, Adam, and Josh. My heart broke a little, I think.

Alas. It's still a great website though, and Joe and Justin deserve a lot of credit for creating/maintaining it. And in the spirit of keeping discussion going, I pose a question: If you got to choose one song for MadAve to sing, what would it be?

My answer: "Philosophy" by Ben Folds Five. I don't ever expect for it to happen, but if it did, it would be awesome.

Peace! :D

06-18-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn D. Nasuti
I'll start the discussion

well, that's a surprise.

The Zutons' Pressure Point.

06-19-2005 02:46 AM

that song is wicked annoying but it would probably work.

madave should cover electric pink by the promise ring. or swing life away by rise against. or unlisted track by jawbreaker.
but i doubt anyone in madave has even ever heard of these songs. so, sigh!

06-23-2005 02:18 PM

Anybody need a baritone?

06-26-2005 06:43 PM

Yeah, it makes me really sad. Especially since I was the one who had to do all the updating.

I'm hoping to put together a more comprehensive alumni section, so people can see where our alumni have taken themselves after Drew. Then you can fawn over Scott, Joe, Josh, Adam, Jonathan, and all the other past members to your hearts' content.

-Me

06-26-2005 08:05 PM

Please do it. You can answer the eternal question: What's Jared doing, and why isn't he famous yet?

Though, for the record, I don't need an alumni page to fawn over the departed members of MadAve. :D That's why I have pictures and videos and audio files on my computer.

And may I suggest starting a new thread with MadAve audition information for any interested parties? And if any interested party happens to be reading this - Audition for MadAve. They're awesome.

Peace,
C^2

07-27-2005 12:48 AM

another song to cover? hmm...

Philosophy was a good choice....as was Pressure Point.

Well I'd like to see one of the a capella groups do "Work" by Jimmy Eat World, whether it be MadAve or AOTA.

Hmm...maybe "All My Life" or "Times Like These" by Foo Fighters. Or, "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet.

Golbanou Tabatabaie 07-27-2005 02:21 AM

Cheesy, but the difference by the wallflowers.......

07-27-2005 11:54 AM

I'd like to see what MadAve does with the driving guitar part in All My Life.

07-27-2005 02:00 PM

I'd actually thought about that.

Have the basses get a little grain in their voice, and it could work.

08-04-2005 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn D. Nasuti
Please do it. You can answer the eternal question: What's Jared doing, and why isn't he famous yet?

Jared is off doing crazy business things in New York, and hitting on Anne Hathoway. That's basically all I've heard.

And I've gotta' be honest... I have incredibly diverse musical tastes, and I haven't heard of most of these songs. ;)

08-12-2005 12:14 AM

Here's one I know you've heard of.

Faith No More.

How about a little Epic? Maybe A Small Victory? Even We Care A Lot? :)

08-13-2005 05:28 PM

Faith No More? I'd be OVERJOYED.

I started on an arrangement for "She Loves Me Not" in January, but never really pressed it. I also considered throwing together "Just A Man," but decided that outside of having the most badass ending to a song or album ever, it's just too weird.

08-18-2005 06:27 PM

Every great artistic endeavour, whether band or artist, goes through their weird stages. It could be the year of Mad Ave's Sgt. Pepper! Find the oddest songs (I'll use your ex. of "Just A Man") and have fun!

Although if it were your Sgt Pepper that would mean no more concerts...so find a different weird analogy with the same basic idea minus the no concerts.

:p

08-18-2005 08:10 PM

Yeah, don't do your SMiLE period either, or we'll love it in 2042.

08-18-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
Yeah, don't do your SMiLE period either, or we'll love it in 2042.

That and it will end up just being Justin's SMiLE period because it won't work for the rest of MadAve at all.

08-18-2005 10:51 PM

and he'll piss off Mike Love.

but there's one main reason it won't work. Justin doesn't do nearly enough drugs.

yet.

08-18-2005 10:55 PM

But who doesn't want to piss off Mike Love?

08-24-2005 04:45 PM

Our Prayer still gives me chills every time I listen to it.

In a good way.

08-24-2005 04:48 PM

The whole album's crazy good.