Thread: network issues
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Justin M. Giza

What are these adjustments that are being made? I just want to know if there's any real hope for a stable connection in the near future. I mean... are the students just supposed to just deal with it until we get funds? Is there anything the students can do to help this situation (petition for funds, etc). Personally, I only have another year and a half here, and I feel like I've spent more than enough time battling with my jelopy of a computer and the network.

I know internet may seem pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things, but it's sort of a necessary tool these days, not only for study, but also communication. Getting booted off AIM every couple hours is sort of unacceptable when you basically use it as an answering machine. As for the incredible cost of running a campus-wide connection... well... let me just say that I'm reaching the point where I'd rather be paying my own monthly internet bill and have no Network Drives than deal with this lag (and what is probably a much higher cost in our tuition bill).

Alas, Drew loves to make us pay for things that not all of us need or want (i.e. our sparkling meal plan service). </threadjack>

So... at this point, if there's anything the students can do, please tell us. I'm getting a bit tired of playing the waiting game. I'm a man of action! Action, damn it!

Last edited by Justin M. Giza : 11-06-2005 at 07:43 PM.