Thread: network issues
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Registration will work as usual

The primary bottleneck is Drew's connection to the Internet. Connections within Drew are still performing very well. The only reason registration might be slow is that the server it runs on isn't the fastest.

And, by the way, we're listening to the feedback. And, we have to use the connection too, remember, and have to be able to do things like download critical patches and system updates, so it is something we're dealing with too. It's not like we can just flip a switch--once we can have a plan of action it will take some time (weeks at least) to get new stuff installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
HAHA, quite so. I dont really see a point to having them bring food to our table, it seems quite pointless.

I have also noticed an increase in getting kicked off aim, however I still feel that the internet connection is sufficient for what I use it for. I think the real question is, will it be really slow on registration day? Its always slow on registration day (as we'll see tomorrow), but it would be really sad if I could get into more of my classes by being at tilgman house at 9.

Last edited by Mike Richichi : 11-06-2005 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo