Thread: Buying books
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Jackie DiLorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia O'Neil
painful, isn't it? :-/ i mean, you can always try your luck and just tell the professor you were sent the wrong edition, and hope that he/she understands and says it's okay, or that you find someone who will share, or that it's not THAT different. but i'd say that, since it's a soc book, there will be a lot of differences between them, and you WILL use it often [unlike in, say, a comp sci class where the book costs about $80 and you NEVER use it...glad i got a good deal on mine]. remember, it's only $7 because no one uses it anymore :-p

as for bookstore queries...i'm not really sure. it's probably on the bookstore site somewhere? you could probably find someone here to answer it, though. the bookstore's pretty predictable, heehee.

I need the ISBN number for a book called Muhammed... I searched it on Amazon and got, oh, five trillion results. Also, the 3rd edition of a book that's listed doesn't seem to exist... and another book I can't find anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Glickman
Also, it's going to be a pain in the ass if the pages are differently numbered which they probably are. I started buying my books, all on half.com, and ive still spent about 140 on three books.... thank you science classes....

Go half.com. I'm at around $140 on 8 books... which is truly awesome. But yeah, good point about page numbering.