View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla B. Rosenfeld
Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows if we have to take a placement test for a language we would like to take, even if we aren't taking it this semester. Is there a placement test for Hebrew or Chinese?

On a separate note, does getting into Chem 6A vs. Chem 6 do anything special for one trying to get into med school--to they really look at an advanced class vs. a regular class from freshman year???

Any info would be helpful!!
I dunno, but if you like a teacher who really likes chem, take 6a. You'll get Alan Rosan, and he has an unhealthy obcession w/ chem. In orgo, he'll read from a german guys diary, then ask if any of us know german, only to show the thought process of the guy who figured out the structure of benzene.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."