View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Dia O'Neil

i'm working on...languages three, four, and five, does that count? i'm a native english speaker who has a more or less working knowledge of spanish [although it has really suffered in the past few years, i'm going to try and get hilda the snack bar lady to teach me while i'm teaching her english], an intermediate knowledge of hindi, and will be taking telegu and arabic within the next year or two [i plan on becoming proficient in at least arabic, of the two of those]. i can also speak a little indonesian, and have studied latin. i can understand italian, although i cant speak it. and i really want to learn russian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laure D'Angelo
Does any one speak Greek ????

i've BEEN to greece, and know enough to get by. which really isn't much, but i DO plan on returning, and i DO plan on learning more, as i did a somewhat extensive study on the language from a linguistic perspective and it fascinates me. however, i know a girl who speaks more or less fluent greek, if you want to have a chat with her or something

not all linguistics majors actually buckle down and learn foreign languages - but it's hard not to want to