View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle G. Feigin
I did what you suggested and I turned off the wireless radio. I restarted my coputer and tried to log on "on campus" and haven't been able to get on because my computer couldn't find the tree or server and that I should find a different one but I'm on the one for Drew and everything.
It seems you do not have a valid wired connection then and it is not a problem of your machine seeing both networks.

With both the wireless and wired adapters turned on, please go to a Command Prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt) and enter the command: ipconfig. Copy and paste the results into a message and post it. To copy text from a Command Prompt window, you have to click the title bar menu (the icon to the left of Command Prompt at the upper left of the window), select Edit > Mark, highlight the text you want to copy, and then Edit > Copy.

It would be useful to see if you are getting a connection at all or you are getting the wrong address or something else (the fact that you said the wired network had a link light is what is suspicious here).