Thread: Welcome
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Young Squirrel

I'm excited for this year too-- oh, baby! Miss you all so much! Maybe this year we'll make it to Gospel Jam in the spring! Maybe we'll be able to host a concert with outside groups! Maybe we'll be able to perform in NYC! Maybe we'll . . . Who knows what's in store?!?

For anyone who is wondering why we started this group last year, I'll share you my personal reasoning for putting so much energy, effort, time and tears into this group:

My parents raised me in the church, however, faith in God and in Jesus Christ is not hereditary. Every person has the opportunity to chose whether or not they believe. John 3:16 says that "For God so loved the world [including all of us], that He gave His only son [Jesus Christ] that everyone who believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life." College is not four years of youthful passions that you will not be held responsible for. After a couple years of college, I love you fellow students and I "care for you so deeply that I am determined to share with you not only the gospel of God but also my own self because you have become very dear to me." Part of that comes from 1 Thessalonians 2:8 but it is honestly how I feel for you. Please realize that God is watching. He loves each of you so much. He is not angry, but He is sadden and disappointed when we ignore Him. That is why I started this a cappella group. Of course, I love to sing and perform, but I love God and you all so much more.

With love,
Heather