View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Benjamin K. Tokarski

Default The Drew Laptop, and my computer options

Hello! Iím a student thatís set to transfer into Drewís class of 2010 this fall. Iím having a bit of a dilemma. Iím a little lost, and concerning the equipment I would like some help.
I had bought a new laptop at the end of January from HP. Itís a nice laptop, here are its specs..
HP Pavilion dv9700t
Windows vista home premium 32-bit Ė I know Drew doesnít like home premium.. I could change the OS myself, however I am not sure if that would void my laptop of its warranty, which I would like to avoid doing.
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300(2.5GHz)
17Ē WSXGA+ brightview widescreen
3GB DDR2 system memory (2 Dimm) Ė 32 bit operating systems donít recognize anymore than that.
521MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
HP Imprint radiance, fingerprint reader, webcam built in
Intel pro/wireless 4965 AGN with Bluetooth
320GB 5400RPM SATA Dual HDD
LightScribe super multi 8x dvd+/-rw with dual layer
8 cell lithium ion battery which I plan on getting a spare as it lasts like maybe 2 hrs. I would like a better battery but they donít have a 12 cell for this laptop.
1 year warranty which I plan on extending anyways.

Ideally, I would just like to take this and be on my merry way. But I need approval? Anyways, as a 2nd option, which Iím exploring.. I was wondering about the Drew laptops. Should I be getting one?
If I do plan on getting one, I would like to know the following..
How to order one?
Can I put upgrades on it?
What upgrades are available?
Cost?
Payment plans?

Any other information possible really. The more I know the better I would feel about any choice I make.
Thank you for your time! Hope you can get back to me soon.