View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 11:14 AM

It is indeed 1 DIMM with one slot open. We wanted to entertain the possibility of going to 4GB or more (I believe the computers will take up to 8GB once 4GB DIMMs are available for it). One could anticipate our eventual support of 64 bit OSes (Vista or the next version of Windows) once the software and drivers are fully fleshed out, and we have the demand to create a new image for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Axel Larsson
The brochure has the specs that we can release (the standard notebook is a model that Lenovo will not be announcing formally until next month). The machines come with 2GB of RAM standard (I believe one 2GB module in one slot, with the other slot open. Mike will correct me if that's wrong.)

You can add memory to the machine yourself, either by orderng from the Lenovo site or from wherever you prefer to get memory. You can also order accessories from the Lenovo site. What you can't do though is order options like memory to be pre-installed. Drew places a bulk order of several hundred identical machines pre-loaded with our image.

The standard OS will be Vista Enterprise 32-bit (still too many driver and software compatibility issues with Vista 64). Downgrade rights to WinXP is an option and we currently intend to have our standard XP image available for this model as well. Given the OS, there is no value in putting more than 3GB in the machine.