Thread: Packing list
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatnamedollie:
11. For your computer, check for viruses weekly. I recommend using both Ad-aware and Spybot -- when used together, they get rid of almost all found viruses.

Just for edification (the list is obviously not oriented at computer security), these two programs rarely detect newly released viruses, even when used in conjunction. They work well for adware and spyware, but not so well for viruses. This is of course because they're not designed specifically for viruses. CNS offers the antivirus program F-Prot, it comes pre-installed on the laptops. It works pretty well, it has real time protection, scan on demand, and frequent updates. But it does not detect everything and vigilance is required by the user in order to keep the computer safe. No anti-virus software will allow you to have free roaming all over the internet and allow you to stay protected, safe browsing and email habits are essential to keeping your computer clean.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."