Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Hows everyone feeling about goin to college?
excited.. cant wait to get there 26 65.00%
nervous.. not sure if your gonna like it 8 20.00%
scared.. "what if they pick on me" 1 2.50%
exstatic.. thank god im getting out of my town 11 27.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Gary P. DiClementi

Cool Excited?

No longer available

Last edited by Gary P. DiClementi : 12-12-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Samanda J. Wasson

Red face Hey

Hey Gary, my name is Sam and I'm from Los Angeles and coming a long way to go to Drew and I'm dead scared that I'm going to end up with no friends cause I come from so far and I practically know no one. I only know people on the Equestrian Team cause I'm joining that and the few admissions people I met when I spent a night there. But ya know, I want my own friends too. Sports, poker, clubbing and partying are all my things too.
I'm pretty outgoing and open too, sometimes too open come to think of it. But anyway, I put that Hormones class as my second choice for seminars, I had Hilarity and Mirth as my first, it sounded like fun. I'm interested in everything so I had a hard time choosing.
Anyway, I'd love to get to know someone before I get to Drew. Having at least one friend would be nice. So I'll find you on myspace and don't get confused if someone named Mandy is talking to you, cause I go by that too. And my AIM is VoltGirl86
Hope to talk to you soon!
~Sam
Old 06-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Elder Drewid

I too am excited about the 418 guys that will be in our grade.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Gary, those stats were from early summer last year. For a more accurate look at the class of 2008 you can go here: http://www.depts.drew.edu/claadmis/process/profile.php The figures you posted are decently similar to the way the class of 2009 looks at the moment, though there is a bit more ethnic diversity, and there are more males this year (56% female, 44% male as of Friday). Of course there is still a long way to go until September and by the then the class profile will have changed around a bit more.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Samantha N. Ruttura

im so excited my name is also Sam and i'm gonna ride too! so i know afew of the team members i'm also from li but the southshore.... im on myspace too just look for Sam i'm under drew and kent for my schools ive been at prep school the past 4 years so the whole going away thing should be easy but im really excited to go to drew in the fall!!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Morgan K. Osbaldeston

Another rider here...but not for the team -- atleast not this year, until I get my timing figured out. I'm bringing my own horse up from Georgia so I want the first year to figure out if I have time to ride him and for the team! Anyways, look forward to meeting everyone!
Old 06-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Gary A. Hochman

Morgan, if it helps I'd estimate the team commitment being approx. 8.5 hours a week (3 x 1.25 hour workouts + 4 hours for a lesson + .75 hours for team dinner). Then about 7 weekends in the fall you lose one day for a show and about 6 weekends in the spring.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Samantha N. Ruttura

hey... morgan where are you keeping your horse... i was hoping to bring mine but idk where to keep him.... and without the car thing what am i going to do....
Old 07-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Jessica E. Ross

To Sam Wasson: My name is Jessica and I'm from L.A. too. So we can bond over that and you'll have at least one friend in me .
Old 07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Marlaina Luciano

hey gary! my name is marlaina and im from boston. i am in your first year seminar for the role of hormones in sex and stress. so no it wont be only guys. i saw the list of kids in our class and it looks like there is a variety. im nervous but very anxious to attend drew in the fall. feel free to im me at MarL1821, if i dont im you before you get this.