Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Theo Students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Squirrel

Default Boot Camp & Yoga this spring (for Theo Students)

I'm looking to offer fitness classes for theo/grad students and faculty/staff.

Boot Camp
this January was a huge success and will continue to be offered through March!! 4-week M/W 5:30-6:30pm sessions begin January 23 and February 27. If you are interested or want to learn more, please click here:
http://www.drew.edu/CampusRec/fitness/bootcamp

Along those lines I'd like to offer additional classes that are just for you!! (MEANING: Not offered to CLA Students.) What do you think about YOGA? Roseann has been at Drew since last spring and offers a great class in the mornings. You don't need any experience and it's great for men and women of all fitness levels and ages. It's a refreshing way to start your day. Please read the description below and let me know if you are interested. We'll need at least 7 enrolled in this class on Fridays 7:30-8:30am. It'll start February 3 and run for 12 sessions. We'll charge a mere $50 for the 3-month program, which is ONLY $4.17/class!! You CANNOT beat that. If you can't commit to enrolling for the full 3 months we will also accept drop-ins at $7/class.

If you are interested in GENTLE FLOW YOGA please email me (dyee@drew.edu) by next week (F 1/20) so I can fit her into the schedule. Once I hear from at least 7 of you I'll create an online registration form. Thanks - I look forward to hearing from you. If you have any other ideas for classes, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Gentle Flow Yoga with Roseann

The word yoga means “union” and relates to bringing together the body, mind and spirit. Without that merging, we cannot live in true wholeness. The yoga classes offered here at Drew are of a gentle, ”vinyasa” or flow style. Emphasis is placed on moving mindfully, connecting body movement with breath, to that place within where balance always exists. Developing our practice allows us to live more closely to that place in our everyday lives.
The class is appropriate for all levels of practice including beginner. No prior experience or knowledge is necessary. Everyone moves to his or her own level of comfort within the poses offered. An openness to change is all that is asked!
Roseann Loia

Following more than twenty years in the corporate world and “aware“ of a change in the path ahead, Roseann’s journey led her to the Starseed Center for Yoga and Wellness in Montclair, New Jersey. At one of New Jersey’s highly regarded traditional schools, she found a sense of “coming home” and knew her life was changing in a very significant way. Upon receiving her certification, her life’s purpose to share the knowledge of yoga was unquestioned.
Teaching yoga is Roseann’s primary vocation. She is passionate about its ability to allow us to live as our truest, whole self. When not teaching or learning about yoga, she enjoys the company of longtime friends, the spiritedness of her niece and nephew, and the pleasures of the everyday. Roseann is grateful for the balance yoga has brought to my life and the opportunity to help others on their own path to wholeness!