Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Benjamin Chmielinski

Yeah, I am gonna bring my sax. I'd definitely be into a ska band, but I must warn you that I've never played in anything but a marching band before.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Ranger Cub

haha well i don't want to start another band. but if you can keep up in marching band you'd be fine just jamming along.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Matthew Ogonowski

yo marching band=dope! i used to be in the pit in mine.

if we're planning jam sessions, can i join in? that'd be pretty hot.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Amy Winkler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ogonowski
I was just wondering what everyone's favorite type of music is and their favorite artist. I'm a musician and was just wondering.

My favortie type of music is pretty much anything rock or punk and I'm really big into Led Zeppelin and a band from Jersey called Houston Calls.

Let me know, I'd love to here from everyone.

I love Houston Calls!! its cool that you know about them. I'm into a ridiculous amount of bands, a few are The Starting Line, My Chemical Romance, Cute is what we aim for, The Hush Sound, Paramore, Cartel, Damone, Hidden in plain view, and a whole bunch more, including some other jersey bands.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Kyler Gretz

I like a bunch of different music, but my favorite is Phish, looks like I am the only one on this forum, but i am completely obsessed with them, I also like Keller Williams, the dead, disco biscuits, john coltrane, bob marley and tons of other reggae, modest mouse, trey anastasio, benevento russo duo, lotus, the new deal, deltron 3030, and too many others to list
Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Ranger Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler Gretz
I like a bunch of different music, but my favorite is Phish, looks like I am the only one on this forum, but i am completely obsessed with them, I also like Keller Williams, the dead, disco biscuits, john coltrane, bob marley and tons of other reggae, modest mouse, trey anastasio, benevento russo duo, lotus, the new deal, deltron 3030, and too many others to list

no, you are not alone, my Phish loving friend.
and modest mouse is pretty cool, too.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Amanda Povinelli

i love all types of music expect 4 country n im not that big in the rap scene....mostly punk n rock is my thing...right now my favorite band is The Academy Is...
Old 07-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Amanda Povinelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Scott
Recently I've been on a "Rent" kick... I love the music though.

i just saw Rent 4 my birthday IT WAS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! if u can see the play b4 the movie....
Old 07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Luongo
I'm a music snob, but trying to overcome it :/

Anywho, I like mostly Britpop and current British/alternative stuff, and then some other things. Oasis, Kula Shaker, Keane, Taylor Hicks (he's quite talented!), Megadeth, the Gyres, the Strays, Cast, Dodgy, Kasabian, Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs, Maximo Park, Nine Black Alps, Stone Roses, New Order, the Smiths, Dogs, Muse, the Rakes, the Jeevas, Paul Weller...I'll stop now. I tend to get a little carried away, lol.

Taylor Hicks! I hated him on Idol at first because he seemed irritating, but I listened to some of his older music and he's awesome. I love the type of music he sings.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo

I hate to say "indie rock," because it sounds pretentious, but... indie rock. I also like folk-y stuff.

Regina Spektor, Mirah, Rilo Kiley, Ani Difranco, Blonde Redhead, Coco Rosie, David Bowie, Gravy Train!!!!, Tori Amos, Petula Clark, Ugly Casanova, Camera Obscura, Cat Power...

Last edited by Jacqueline DiLorenzo : 07-11-2006 at 11:25 PM.