Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Carolyn D. Nasuti

Unhappy Tolley on fire again??

I just heard that Tolley is on fire again. Anyone know what the deal is with this, by which I mean, what happened and how bad is it? Will the Freshmen be able to sleep in their rooms tonight? If not, I can house a freshman or two in my room for the night.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

I'm pretty sure that it was, but everything's under control, as I saw a fire engine go away from tolley at 6:10.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Elder Drewid

yeah i can house a few freshmen in my be--er room too
Old 10-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn D. Nasuti
I just heard that Tolley is on fire again. Anyone know what the deal is with this, by which I mean, what happened and how bad is it? Will the Freshmen be able to sleep in their rooms tonight? If not, I can house a freshman or two in my room for the night.

I heard that someone was making meatballs in an oven and set off the fire alarm (they may or may not have set fire to the stove). I heard that it occured in a kitchen in the main lounge ( and thus set off both Brown and Tolley alarms), but that seems odd to me because as of Computer Handout, I did not see a kitchen in the main lounge.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 10-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

There isn't a kitchen in the main lounge. Don't alarms sound in both if they're tripped, but not if the alarms are pulled? I think that's the way it works, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:03 PM

There used to be one, in the center (behind the first row) of rooms in the TB Lounge. Also contained the pull-down stairs to the attic area. I guess it's been removed? It was pretty disgusting most of the time. Lots of ants.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Pull-down stairs?

an attic?

I know what I'm doing saturday night.

I mean...not going to tolley...
Old 10-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Elder Drewid

hah!

the freshmen have been there and done that.

that's what they (read: they != golly) got in trouble for the very, very, very, very first night on campus.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:42 PM

Default I'm surprised . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly Tabatabaie
hah!

the freshmen have been there and done that.

that's what they (read: they != golly) got in trouble for the very, very, very, very first night on campus.

anyone got in there. I thought a bunch of those rooms were locked these days - but I don't think I've been up that way for a couple of years, probably since the last time I helped with computer handout. Maybe one of them was still a study room? Really, not all that interesting. There was a computer lab in there back in the dark ages (mid-80s) before all the students had computers - the program was phased in a year at a time. I think it was the room on the left. The power strips may still have been mounted in there up until recently. A couple of the lounges in Tolley and Brown (or triples, depending on the year might've been labs as well.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
There isn't a kitchen in the main lounge. Don't alarms sound in both if they're tripped, but not if the alarms are pulled? I think that's the way it works, but I'm not sure.
It turns out the room next to the girls bathroom was a kitchen, the door was just always closed. That is the kitchen where the "fire" happened and set off the alarms. And as for the fire alarms, if it goes off in Brown, it doesnt go off in tolley. It might be different now, but living on T1, I often went passed brown being outside in the cold due to fire alarm while tolley was fine in the rooms

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."