Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Theo Students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Tricia M. Carletta

Exclamation MANDATORY - International Student Meeting!

International Student Services (ISS) will be holding a workshop for all Drew students on an F1 or J1 visa. Whether you have been here for a few months or a few years, your attendance is mandatory.

We will discuss many issues, but focus on employment / internship options, staying legal - your rights and responsibilities, and understanding your documents. I encourage all of you to submit questions or concerns by email in the two weeks before the meeting so that I can address them to the group.

For your convenience, we have scheduled two sessions. Each session will have the same content - you only need to attend one.
Session One: Monday, September 28, from 12pm-1pm in the University Center, Room 107
Session Two: Tuesday, September 29, from 5:30pm-6:30pm in the University Center, Room 107

We will have light snacks and beverages, giveaways of dorm / household goodies, and a few prizes!

Please respond by email indicating which session you plan to attend by Wednesday, September 23. Attendance will be taken at each session, and the deans of each school will be informed of any absentees. Failure to attend a session may result in negative effects on future employment recommendations and eligibility.

If you are on OPT, live outside the NJ area, or are no longer a student at Drew University, please let me know. There are many of you who have not yet reported to or contacted ISS, so it is imperative that you attend.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at pcarletta@drew.edu