Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Official Complaint Procedure?

Is there an actual complaint form or file Drew students have to fill out or petition for in order to have issues addressed by the Drew faculty? Or does the school actually pay attention to the "Gripes" on this sub-forum?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Ranger Cub

wtf are you talking about
Old 06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Squirrel

It depends on what your compliant is. The subforum "Gripes" is another venue for students to voice their displeasures with the school. Another students write to the student-run newspaper The Acorn or go to the Student Government Association. Sometimes, it works best to go to the head of the department to which you have an issue with.

But isn't it a little premature for you to worry about compliants? You haven't even attended the school yet.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Ranger Cub

If you have a complaint you want the faculty to see, you need to go to the head or the person best to handle the complaint directly. The faculty does not pay attention to these forums. Even the gripes section is not a formal complaint section. The only people that will really see your complaints are other students if you post there.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Benjamin K. Tokarski

Thats not completely true.

If you lurk the forums here a little bit, you will observe instances where there have been people from the department ask for the students to come to their office or something and talk to them about it so that they can improve their service for you.

I believe I've seen it done in several topics, like of the food.
Also, in the technology forum, the technology department is very active there.

So, this forum does have some faculty activity on it, based on what I've seen. However, for a 100% effectiveness on being heard, I think it's just best to go to the head of the department. It's what they would ask you to do when they see your complaint anyways, might as well just skip a few steps and go straight to someone who can make the changes.

As such, I also agree with the person who said it's a bit immature to worry about complaints when you haven't even attended yet. Just think about having a fun time at this point. Coming in you already have a complaint? Or are you going to be searching for complaints?

I haven't attended yet either, I'm transferring in this fall. But I'm expecting to have a fun time! I can't wait, really.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Ranger Cub

Yes, there may be some faculty activity but if you look at the main menu for the message boards, next to the Gripes, it says that it is not an official forum for complaints. So, most likely, no faculty is going to pay attention to it. But yes, most definitely talk to people directly. Best way to get things done.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Young Squirrel

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Cleared up some issues for me, but it wasn't as if I were stressing about campus life atm. As many of you have said, it's a bit early to make complaints about problems I haven't actually come across.

I was just wondering if the people posting on the "Gripes" forum were actually accomplishing anything purely through the act of posting since there are other sub-forums that have direct lines of communication to administrators.

Anxious at life in a new setting? Perish the thought.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Mary R. Richmond

I definitely second the whole contacting the professor/administrator to express your complaints. I wrote an email complaint to President Weisbuch over the spring semester, and I got a response not only from him, but also from his secretary and a response from the Dean of the CLA. It was kinda awesome.