Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Young Squirrel

Red face classes?

does anyone know when we get to choose classes? or how to do it? thanks!!

-melissa
Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Junior Drewid

Its all threw campus web
Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Ranger Cub

You will eventually get an email that will tell you when to register and how to do it through campusweb.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Squirrel

if you are a new student, then probably at the end of August, but you will have to go through an advisor. I am not sure if you can register on campus web if it is your first semester--either way you will need to get it approved.

good luck
Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Squirrel

Default Registration Question

For new students, questions of this sort are best handled by the Orientation Committee. You can contact your big brother or sister, or call the UC desk at 973-408-3456 during the day and someone from the OC should pick up.

For what it's worth, when I was a student, I believe I pre-registered for classes by mail in the summer, and then during Orientation the registration process was finalized at a meeting with my advisor.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Young Squirrel

If you click on the CampusWeb > Enrolled Students Website > and the Forms Checklist under the green "Important Information" bar, you can scroll all the way down down the click of available and unavailable forms that have or have not been submitted.

At the moment however, the student Registrar has not been uploaded on the Drew website. It says

Quote:
You need to complete your registration for Fall 2008 courses. Instructions can be found on the Registrar's Office Site. This form will be available shortly.

The deadline is July 18th when it does come out.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Squirrel

I am a worker in the registrar's office and the registration/orientation advising packets will be available online this week as well as a hard copy being sent out to you the end of this week. That will have information about what courses are available to you, which ones you should take depending on what major you might think you would like, and tell you how to register online, etc. You should have already signed up for a first year seminar, and if you haven't you need to be in contact with the registrar's office asap. Once you preliminarily sign up for courses via campus web this summer, then in august when you come for orientation you will finalize your schedule with your advisor. We look forward to have you here at Drew! Good luck!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Squirrel

Default Oops!

I've recently been informed by a member of the OC that they didn't know the answer to this question. My apologies. The OC is less well informed than I thought. Fortunately, Natatlie came up with the answer and spared the Tri-Chairs having to say "i don't know" to the hundreds of students who I'm sure were just about to call.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Young Squirrel

Hi, i am a new incoming student for the fall of 2008, i took the language placement test for french and i scored the sem. four +. i'm not sure what that means exactly but when i went to sign up for a language course in french, i could not sign up for the french course i wanted to take which was the surf, watch, and talk. the computer system would not let me sign up for that class, instead i had to sign up for french 1. does anyone know what i can do to change that course because i'm not sure what to do. thanks, Yasmin
Old 08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Ranger Cub

Hi Yasmin!

I too scored sem. four+ on the placement exam AND want to take the surf, watch, and talk french course, haha. Well since you need a prerequisite of fren30 in order to register for that course online, you should email Mme Masse (mmasse@drew.edu) and let her know exactly what your numerical score was and probably any questions or concerns you have about that course or other french courses. I will be contacting the registrar's office soon to be sure that it's during orientation that placement courses are finalized. If anything i'll let you know. Hope to see you in french class this fall! =]