Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Squirrel

Default Setting up GroupWise on Droid X

I had to do a Factory reboot on my Droid and am having trouble setting up email again. Suggestions? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Did you follow the directions at https://uknow.drew.edu/confluence/di...obility+Server ?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Ranger Cub

It would help if you could provide more details. Motorola's unique flavor of Android does have some quirks, so it will be easier to give you specific help if you tell us more about your problem.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Squirrel

Default Mobile Email Viewing Problem

I have both an android phone and an iPhone. I have used the instructions that Drew provides for syncing, I have found it to be unreliable and I am not a fan of Novell. What I now do instead is forward all of my mail from Drew to a gmail address and sync that address to my phone. After that I configured gmail's settings to send mail using my drew email address. There are a few extra steps involved but in my experience this works far better than Groupwise syncing.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Squirrel

Hi All,, I did try to follow those directions, Mike, but I don't see where to enter Microsoft Exchange Server as suggested. I did put in SDrew as server (a little confusing.) The Incoming/Outgoing question of Pop v. Imap comes up. Pre-re-set, the phone worked ok with Groupwise, but but John Saul set it up for me.

James, not sure what other details to supply.
Kristofer, thanks for your advice.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Ranger Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary McLaughlin
Hi All,, I did try to follow those directions, Mike, but I don't see where to enter Microsoft Exchange Server as suggested. I did put in SDrew as server (a little confusing.) The Incoming/Outgoing question of Pop v. Imap comes up. Pre-re-set, the phone worked ok with Groupwise, but but John Saul set it up for me.

James, not sure what other details to supply.
Kristofer, thanks for your advice.
If you could elaborate on what exactly your problem is, it would help us to figure out what information is most relevant to your interests. It would also help if you can (from your home screen) press the Menu key, then tap "Settings", and scroll down to "About Phone". In that option, there will be an entry for "Android version". There should be a number that looks like "2.x.x" with the "x" being other numbers. Please include that number as well. In the meantime, these are instructions specifically for the Motorola Droid X using the stock interface.

If you haven't done any modifications to the phone's software, you can do the following:

1) Find the app called "My Accounts", then open it
2) Tap "Add Account"
3) Tap "Corporate Sync" from the list of services
4) enter your uLogin ID. If there is a "\" in the field, make sure you write your ID on the right side of it, not the left. Remember, this is your Drew email address without the "@drew.edu" part.
5) Enter your password
6) Enter your Drew email address (the entire thing, including "@drew.edu")
7) Enter the server as "s.drew.edu". Make sure you include all of the dots.
8) Tap "Next"

If you still can't get it to work after saving these settings, go back into "My Accounts" and edit the account you've just set up. Make sure "Use Secure Connection" is checked, and you can try unchecking "Verify Certificate". Also make sure your option for "Sync Messages For" extends far enough back in time that messages will actually sync. If, for example it says "3 days", but you haven't received any email for a week, you won't see anything in your inbox.

I hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Squirrel

Default Droid X up and running-- thanks!

James, your directions are great. Thanks so much.
I happened to stop by the Fac Lab yesterday and someone who had been following this thread (Peter Albar) offered to help. Had to repeat the steps a couple of times for some reason, but it worked. Key ingredient I'd been missing was the Corporate Account step. Thanks again.