Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Raven Brockriede
 
Posts: n/a
Default

BED BATH AND BEYOND HAS A GREAT LIST!!!!!! go there and you should be able to pick one up! my mother did that...loL!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Odette Habib
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

speaking of packing stuff
the room doesn't come equipt with a tv, does it?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette Habib
speaking of packing stuff
the room doesn't come equipt with a tv, does it?

If only! Haha.

We have to bring our own TV and cable, er, cords... but we get free cable TV...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Mary Richmond
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Um, what kind of cable cord do we have to bring? I don't have cable tv and haven't had it for years so I'm kind of clueless as to what cable we should bring to be able to hook up to the free cable Drew provides. Is it something standard you can just get at Radio Shack?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Rian D. Spivak's Avatar
Rian D. Spivak Rian D. Spivak is offline
Ranger Cub
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Goshen, NY
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Richmond
Um, what kind of cable cord do we have to bring? I don't have cable tv and haven't had it for years so I'm kind of clueless as to what cable we should bring to be able to hook up to the free cable Drew provides. Is it something standard you can just get at Radio Shack?

Last I checked it was just a standard Coaxial cable that you can get pretty much everywhere. Here is just a random one I looked up at Radio Shack to give you an idea of what one looks like. Although some people do get longer lengths so they have flexibility in where they put their television. Some of the jacks in the rooms are in odd places so it's nice to have some extra length.
__________________
Rian Spivak
Hardware Support Specialist
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes, longer lengths are always beneficial, as you never know where the plug will be, and often there are only a very few places you can really put the tv, so being able to use all of them is really helpful.

And Rian's right; the plans to give everyone satellite tv boxes fell through, so you have to use a coaxial cable.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Jennifer A. Richter
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
Yes, longer lengths are always beneficial, as you never know where the plug will be, and often there are only a very few places you can really put the tv, so being able to use all of them is really helpful.

I concur, mine had a short little cable and as a result we couldnt really move it or anything else around all year, if we still wanted use of the TV.

Also, the extra long cables are useful for when you plan a superbowl party in the lounge and realize the only option for getting the TV to work in there is to either run a cable down the hall from the closest room, or break a window...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Benjamin R. Shedlock
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer A. Richter
I concur, mine had a short little cable and as a result we couldnt really move it or anything else around all year, if we still wanted use of the TV.

Also, the extra long cables are useful for when you plan a superbowl party in the lounge and realize the only option for getting the TV to work in there is to either run a cable down the hall from the closest room, or break a window...

JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Or you could just do what my roommate did and download every television show you watch on your computer and watch it there.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.5.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Drew University is not responsible for the content of posts made on this site. All posts and comments reflect the opinion of the author.