Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Student Organizations > Oakleaves
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Laura A. Billet

Talking Welcome!

Hello to all current and incoming students! My name is Laura and I am the editor-in-chief of the school yearbook. This year is going to be a reformation year in regards to this club. We're looking for new and enthusiastic blood to help out, even if its less than an hour a week. I hope to be able to get a good staff going!

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions, don't hesitate to post or use the Oakleaves e-mail account. Oakleave@drew.edu. It'll be an awesome year and I hope to encounter some great people!

Last edited by Laura A. Billet : 08-16-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Ranger Cub

Default interested

Hey i'm interested in joing the oakleaves
Old 08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Laura A. Billet

Thumbs up =)

Hey Kettura! That's awesome! You have any experience? Either way, its not a problem. ANything you'd like to know about Oak Leaves?

Laura
Old 08-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Caitlin Gallagher

I would love to do some work on in. Ive been involved with ny high school yearbook for 4 years and for two i was assistant editor.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Laura A. Billet

Lightbulb awesome!

That sounds awesome Caitlin! Any sort of help is always greatly appreciated. I hope that this book will be awesome with a little help from everyone!

I'll be sitting out in the activities fair so feel free to stop by, check it out, ask some questions and sign up! (Or do any of that now! lol)
Old 08-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Evan L. Kimberly

Hi I'm interested in yearbook too! what sort of things do you guys do? I've never done it before.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Ranger Cub

Default Yes

Hey i am ready whenever you are i worked on yearbook in every school that i have attended since elemenary- aswell as assisting in the yearbook crew at the school that I work at. i love putting the year book together but i also like taking pictures. Hey i can start taking pictures at the orienation if you like. email me at kbennett@drew.edu
also one more thing- my room is in tolly- i am on the first floor for easy excess
Old 08-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Laura A. Billet

Default =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettura Bennett
Hey i am ready whenever you are i worked on yearbook in every school that i have attended since elemenary- aswell as assisting in the yearbook crew at the school that I work at. i love putting the year book together but i also like taking pictures. Hey i can start taking pictures at the orienation if you like. email me at kbennett@drew.edu
also one more thing- my room is in tolly- i am on the first floor for easy excess

That sounds awesome! Most of the master layouts have been created, but theres still a lot of room for improvization! Student pictures are always appreciated! We have a set of professional photographers to take pictures at random events too. And pictures for orientation would be great! That would be a huge help!

Awesome with the Tolley thing! What room are you in? I was in 117 my freshman year!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Laura A. Billet

Smile let's see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan L. Kimberly
Hi I'm interested in yearbook too! what sort of things do you guys do? I've never done it before.

A lot of the yearbook deals with pictures. This year hopefully the pictures will be digital to make things a lot easier. We crop photos to the sizes to fit the spaces they go in and put stickers one them.

This year there will be a lot of fundraising. I'm hoping to maybe have a seance for anyone interested as a campus wide event.

Creative writers are always needed to make sure captions remain interesting and captivating!

If ANYONE wants to see the different duties of the officers, I can e-mail them a copy of the constitution.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Ranger Cub

Talking my room

yes please email me a copy of the constitution

something really weird i am staying in tolly 117 for my freshmen year
so any pointers you got through them my way
lol