Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Sarah G. Davie

Unhappy Too many crackers?!

Just a little gripe I just had at the snack bar today. I was getting myself some soup, and when I have soup I like to put in a lot of crackers. I got a large size, and took a few packets of crackers up with me to the register. Apparently the snack bar thought that however many I took [it was like 4 of 5...come on now, there's two crackers in each packet] was too many, and the lady at the register told me that she was going to charge me 10 cents extra or something to take the extra crackers.

Clearly I left the crackers, and had my soup with not as many crackers. I also wanted to take a honey packet, because I am sick and it would be good for my sore throat, but that was going to cost me 5 cents extra.

I mean, the snack bar completely overcharges everything to begin with-now they are giving us a limit to the condiments/crackers that we take?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:31 PM
James E. Morgano

what's even worse is when they never have the right cheese or bread for sandwhiches but you still get charged the same. Since they never have the right bread I always end up getting a sandwhich half the size but still get charged the 3.99
Old 09-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Benjamin K. Tokarski

Yeeeeeeeah...
They have a problem with inventory or something because they never have enough. They are always missing something when I'm there.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Michael Arnau

Hi Ricardo!.. Im the retail manager at the snackbar... sizes did not change the container sizes are equivelant to each other. one package is deep and the other is just wider!..any questions feel free to ask!..and also about not having bread or cheese?.. please come see me.. we always have assorted breads and cheeses!!!..Sorry for any inconvenience
Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Sarah G. Davie

can you tell us why the hell we have to pay extra for condiments? that is quite ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Benjamin K. Tokarski

That is a bit of a stretch.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Michael Arnau

Hello sarah!..my name is mike and i am the retail mgr. of the snack bar...i would be glad to answer any questions come see me at the snackbar at your conveinience... thanks for your time and patient!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Neal B. Day

My only real gripe with the snack bar is the quesidila situation (idk how to spell quesidila)

Last year, I asked for one, and they didnt know they even had them on the menu, but they told me they could make me one. I was delighted, and willing to pay the 1.29 for one. (Mind you, it is only one pita thingy folded over, not a full circle)

Then I ordered one again a month later. 1.99. I thought to myself that it must have been underpriced the first time I had one.

Then I decided to spice it up, and make it a chicken quesidila. Mind you, they cook up and add one chicken tender, and then chop it up and put it in the quesidila.

For half a circle of cheese, one pita thingy, and one chicken tender.

Add fries, and a drink from the fountain, and we're talking about 8 dollars for a semi filling meal.

Considering meals not used at the commons can't be transfered to points, it seems kind of silly the even have a snack bar if it is going to charge such a high amount for basically food you can get at the commons, and unlimited amounts as well. (1.29 for a large cherry pepsi at the snack bar, no refills, part of the meal plan to get a cherry pepsi at the commons, unlimited refills for you, your friends, your loved ones, and your pets.)