Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Raven M. Brockriede

Default Fencing Info Please!

I have every intention to take FULL advantage of my college career...so, I decided that I would LOVE to try fencing...(something I have been interested in since 8th grade!) I have never done it before....but would LOVE to learn, and/or try...

any info about Fencing would be wonderful!
Thanks

Rave
Old 08-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Timothee Charpie

there is a really good team at drew with awesome ppl. i was gonna join the team but it was either that or joining the swim team. as it turns out i joined the swim team but the fencing ppl i know are great. the best way to get some info would be to email the coach.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Raven M. Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothee Charpie
there is a really good team at drew with awesome ppl. i was gonna join the team but it was either that or joining the swim team. as it turns out i joined the swim team but the fencing ppl i know are great. the best way to get some info would be to email the coach.

do you know where I could find it? or when the fencing season is????
Old 08-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Timothee Charpie

u can try the athletic website and look for it there. the fencing season starts basically at the same time as the swim season meaning sometimes in october, early october i think
Old 08-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Raven M. Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothee Charpie
u can try the athletic website and look for it there. the fencing season starts basically at the same time as the swim season meaning sometimes in october, early october i think

sooooo...do you think I am too late to try?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Fencing season is from a month or so after school starts to the end of February or sometime in March, I'm not sure. The way it was run two years ago (and the coach hasn't changed, so there's no reason to think it's any different) was there were two (three?) weeks of conditioning before fencing practices start. Anyone who put effort into it got on the team; you didn't have to be a good fencer. Just do the exercises and you'll be fine. There will possibly be a meeting before this all starts to talk to the team.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Squirrel

Arrow

I asked for information at the begining of the year, before I applied to Drew but, can you still be part of the group if you have no experience? I got a few things but was asked about my coach and fencing career, which I don't have. So can non-fencers try out or join?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Timothee Charpie

i would guess so yes because i didn't have that much of a background in swimming and i was able to join and stay.