Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Key to room

I know orientation starts wednsday, but i need to know if I can obtain the keys to my room early so i can unpack stuff into my room beforehand. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Ranger Cub

From personal experience Kyle, I would have to say no on that. Then only let people in the buildings earlier than the assigned times, if they are moving in earlier than that or have special exceptions(disability). I know when I moved in two years ago, they started the process around 8am, and before any assigned OC tasks, usually occur several hours after that, like 12/1pm. My advise is get there early on wednesday, and if your local, go down to the business office and act like you have a financial issue you need to resolve in advance, after that you can tell them your a freshman, play dumb enough and they might get you the ID card in advance. I had a legit one two days before and then printed up my card in advance which is half the time, the other is getting packets, signing for things, issuing a FOB and key for your dorm and room. But overall, just get in early wednesday as early as you can around 8am, if your close again get there a little earlier than that in case the other 500 or so cars will be there blocking the way.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Young Squirrel

There's no need to get your stuff into your room early, they give you an entirely sufficient amount of time to get settled in your room and get to know your roommate before starting orientation activities. OC members will come out to your car outside your dorm and help to carry your stuff to your room. It is a good idea to arrive before 8 though, if you want to get right in without waiting in a line of cars snaking through campus. However, even if you do come later and get stuck at the back of the line, you'll still have plenty of time to unpack all of your stuff, unless perhaps if you're bringing a few trucks filled with your stuff, in which case you should consider leaving some of that at home.

If you absolutely must get your key early, I suppose you could exploit the system with some wit and acting as Capasso was saying. If you just want to get your stuff unpacked early, then don't worry about it, Orientation isn't frantic, you'll have time to get your stuff unpacked and relax.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Ranger Cub

Hi Kyle! Like the two said before, you have plenty of time to unpack and set up your room before orientation officially starts. Members of the OC and sports teams help you unload your car, and I know even the RAs of every complex on campus are going to be there to help. So just relax and have no worries about it.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Young Squirrel

Its really my parents who wanted to do this, so I was doing this for them. Thanks for the advice.