Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Emily R. O'Neil

Default Novel readers?

right so...this was the only forum with ANY sort of relevence. but i have a question.

would anybody be out there be interested in reading a novel? not just any novel, but the one i'm writing. it's in the very beginning stages and needs a whole bucketload of editing, but i'm focusing on plot right now moreso than anything else. i just need some extra eyes looking over what i have written to tell me "hey, dia, this dialogue is really trite" or "why the hell didn't they just say no and avoid the whole thing?" so that i know i'm writing something worthwhile. i have two readers right now, one who i fear might never actually get around to reading it [haha] so if anyone has some free time and likes to read, could you give a girl some help?

it's a vampire novel, but i'd venture to say that it isn't all that typical of the genre. it's kind of [read: very] violent, so anybody who can't handle gore in signifigant doses might want to stay away.

i guess that's about it. i would offer a summary but at the rate i am going it would probably end up being nearly as long as the novel itself [i have been writing for 10 days and just hit page 185] so you're just going to have to wing it. send me a PM or reply?

thanks this is my summer project i guess. didn't really plan on it...kind of wanted to teach myself better hindi grammar, but ah well. the muse always wins.

thanks!
dia
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Amanda L. Brennan

I'll read it Dia!!!111
Old 07-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Elder Drewid

I'd be interested in reading it....

hit me up on IM or email so we can figure out a medium!

Old 07-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Emily R. O'Neil

fantastic! mandy, i knew you wanted to do you want to read it now or when it is finished? i'd say i am over half way through by now.

and golly - i sent you an IM. we shall discuss methods of transfer as soon as you're available and i don't have work to do [which i never do...i'm pretty much being paid to write this novel and chat online, heh].

thanks muchly
Old 07-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Amanda L. Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily R. O'Neil
fantastic! mandy, i knew you wanted to do you want to read it now or when it is finished? i'd say i am over half way through by now.

when it's done! i will immerse myself in its wonderment fully
Old 07-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Squirrel

i'd read it...sounds really interesting...not really the stuff im really used to reading...but i love to venture away from my norm...so hit my up at pinkbabydoll1215...

Mia

Last edited by Emilia L. Rosa : 07-22-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Lia Planer

hey dia, when your finished, ill be glad to read it. also when im through i can have my brother read it. all he reads is vampire novels. let me know!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Emily R. O'Neil

awesome !!! i will get in touch with all of you guys when i'm not on a crappy computer. i really do appreciate it.

i guess that maybe i could make a stab at a summary, hm? here it is, tentatively at least:

Dark Queen Rising
On the day that Vittoria was murdered, the world of vampires fell into turmoil. Enraged by the unjust death of their Queen, the Strigoi vampires that ruled the city needed to place the blame on someone, and the only one capable of killing the great Vittoria was her own protege, Indara. Thus, the strongest vampire of the ruling family and the only heir to the Strigoi throne was run from town, leaving the clan without a leader and immersed in a monumental power struggle.

Determined to take back her rightful place as Queen, Indara embarked on a mission to find the true killer of Vittoria, clearing her name and ridding the land of a dangerous murderer. What she finds, however, is that the Strigoi are not the only vampires in the city. Deep in the slums and ghettos where the Strigoi have overlooked for decades exist some of the most fascinating strains of vampirism she has ever seen, and with no other choice, she is forced to turn to them for help, despite it going against everything she has ever known.

With the help of the Vircolac, as these creatures were known, and a surprise from Vittoria's past, Indara finds herself immersed in a web of lies and deception that somehow keeps getting larger the more she thinks she has unraveled it. In the end, she realizes that the only people she can trust are those who she had been taught her entire life did not exist, and that, sometimes, following one's heart is more important than coming out on top at any cost.

ok that ending was kind of trite. but the novel isn't i swear

page 206 and counting...i am actually starting to wonder just how long it is going to end up being. yeow!

Dia
Old 07-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Elder Drewid

Okay people, I suggest you look into this story. It's really really good.

No, I'm serious. It's the hot shit. Don't you wanna be cool and read the hot shit?

Dia didn't pay me to say this either. I swear.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Ryan J. Crowley

Damn, 206 pages?!? That is insane, Dia. I could never get past 150-something.

Anyways, I will take a look at it as well. You know how to reach me.