Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Danna L. Gutman
 
Posts: n/a
Question Housing - moving in early??

Ok so I couldn't find a good place to put this post - which means there should probably be a section on this forum for housing/residence life...

anyway. so the deal is - I know that if you want to move in several days early, you have to make an official request and everything. I also know that I've moved in like 20 hours early (the day before) for the past couple of years, once because I was living in a theme house, and once because my roommate had already moved in.
This year I'm living in a townhouse, so I assume the house will be open, but I was wondering - would I be able to get my key on saturday afternoon/evening? that would be nice...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Gary A. Hochman
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danna L. Gutman
Ok so I couldn't find a good place to put this post - which means there should probably be a section on this forum for housing/residence life...

anyway. so the deal is - I know that if you want to move in several days early, you have to make an official request and everything. I also know that I've moved in like 20 hours early (the day before) for the past couple of years, once because I was living in a theme house, and once because my roommate had already moved in.
This year I'm living in a townhouse, so I assume the house will be open, but I was wondering - would I be able to get my key on saturday afternoon/evening? that would be nice...

Im almost positive that even if it is just a day early, you still need to make the official request.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Kevin P. Egan's Avatar
Kevin P. Egan Kevin P. Egan is offline
Drewid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A. Hochman
Im almost positive that even if it is just a day early, you still need to make the official request.
Unless you have official business on campus that requires moving in early (training,sports practice) you need to make a request.
__________________
I have been touched by his noodly appendage.
Be Touched

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Ryan J. Crowley
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Unless you have official business on campus that requires moving in early (training,sports practice) you need to make a request.

Actually according to the letter, even with training you still need to make the request. I did, just to be safe.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Kevin P. Egan's Avatar
Kevin P. Egan Kevin P. Egan is offline
Drewid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan J. Crowley
Actually according to the letter, even with training you still need to make the request. I did, just to be safe.
Yeah, I saw that last year and asked my boss if we needed to and she said that it was all taken care of. Since ITS is paying for the housing for the week, the res life people already knew that were coming and that we're allowed to move in early. BTW, we should discuss methods of avoiding helping hummer move in.
__________________
I have been touched by his noodly appendage.
Be Touched

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yeah, I hate having to move in washed up rappers.

oh, you said hummer?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Betsy Black's Avatar
Betsy Black Betsy Black is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Since ITS is paying for the housing for the week,

Kevin, is there something you're not telling me? (Hint: ITS = Instructional Technology Services...)
__________________
Manager, User Services
Computing & Network Services
Library 131
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think he's defecting. What's the punishment for traitors?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Betsy Black's Avatar
Betsy Black Betsy Black is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Orange, NJ
Posts: 99
Default

Grape Jolly Ranchers only for an entire semester.
__________________
Manager, User Services
Computing & Network Services
Library 131
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Kevin P. Egan's Avatar
Kevin P. Egan Kevin P. Egan is offline
Drewid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Black
Grape Jolly Ranchers only for an entire semester.
NNNOOOOOOOOOO!
The reason I said that is because Ryan is working for STEL. I realize now that my story should reflect only CNS and not STEL, and as a result I have unintentionally begun an inter-department war, for this I am glad. But I mostly did not want to say that CNS is paying for STEL-ops moving in early, even though that would have made more sense with my story. But since the war has now begun, can we start chucking evos at em now?
__________________
I have been touched by his noodly appendage.
Be Touched

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."

Last edited by Kevin P. Egan : 08-08-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.5.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Drew University is not responsible for the content of posts made on this site. All posts and comments reflect the opinion of the author.