Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Danna L. Gutman

Question Housing - moving in early??

Ok so I couldn't find a good place to put this post - which means there should probably be a section on this forum for housing/residence life...

anyway. so the deal is - I know that if you want to move in several days early, you have to make an official request and everything. I also know that I've moved in like 20 hours early (the day before) for the past couple of years, once because I was living in a theme house, and once because my roommate had already moved in.
This year I'm living in a townhouse, so I assume the house will be open, but I was wondering - would I be able to get my key on saturday afternoon/evening? that would be nice...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danna L. Gutman
Ok so I couldn't find a good place to put this post - which means there should probably be a section on this forum for housing/residence life...

anyway. so the deal is - I know that if you want to move in several days early, you have to make an official request and everything. I also know that I've moved in like 20 hours early (the day before) for the past couple of years, once because I was living in a theme house, and once because my roommate had already moved in.
This year I'm living in a townhouse, so I assume the house will be open, but I was wondering - would I be able to get my key on saturday afternoon/evening? that would be nice...

Im almost positive that even if it is just a day early, you still need to make the official request.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A. Hochman
Im almost positive that even if it is just a day early, you still need to make the official request.
Unless you have official business on campus that requires moving in early (training,sports practice) you need to make a request.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 08-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Ryan J. Crowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Unless you have official business on campus that requires moving in early (training,sports practice) you need to make a request.

Actually according to the letter, even with training you still need to make the request. I did, just to be safe.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan J. Crowley
Actually according to the letter, even with training you still need to make the request. I did, just to be safe.
Yeah, I saw that last year and asked my boss if we needed to and she said that it was all taken care of. Since ITS is paying for the housing for the week, the res life people already knew that were coming and that we're allowed to move in early. BTW, we should discuss methods of avoiding helping hummer move in.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 08-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer

yeah, I hate having to move in washed up rappers.

oh, you said hummer?
Old 08-08-2005, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Since ITS is paying for the housing for the week,

Kevin, is there something you're not telling me? (Hint: ITS = Instructional Technology Services...)
Old 08-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

I think he's defecting. What's the punishment for traitors?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:23 PM

Grape Jolly Ranchers only for an entire semester.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Black
Grape Jolly Ranchers only for an entire semester.
NNNOOOOOOOOOO!
The reason I said that is because Ryan is working for STEL. I realize now that my story should reflect only CNS and not STEL, and as a result I have unintentionally begun an inter-department war, for this I am glad. But I mostly did not want to say that CNS is paying for STEL-ops moving in early, even though that would have made more sense with my story. But since the war has now begun, can we start chucking evos at em now?

Last edited by Kevin P. Egan : 08-08-2005 at 05:34 PM.