Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > CUE
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Squirrel

Default CUE first impressions

Hello again new CUE students. I hope that your courses are going well so far. I hope to see you in the lounge soon!

Well the purpose of this post is to ask you about your first impressions of the new semester for new (or old) CUE students.

I think that I need another week to get my bearings, but things are going well for me so far. Aside from feeling MUCH older than the other students, which I didn't think would bother me, the Profs have been exceptional.

I am looking forward to your responses, and see you around...

Catherine
Old 09-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Kevin Domanski

Catherine,

I'm not a CUE student, but rather a senior in the CLA and I just wanted to say that I hope that fact that being older than the average student here doesn't bother you! I think the breadth of a class is quite important and I think it's always fantastic when someone in the class brings outside knowledge and experience from the 'real world', if you will, as well as someone who's in a different place than just a bunch of anxious young adults nervous about taking first steps competely on their own. It's nice that these people are also your fellow classmates and not just your professors.

Anyways, I know this isn't the reply that you were looking for, but I just wanted to encourage you to forget about 'age' and know that you are appreciated as a fellow student regardless of anything.

Best of luck here at Drew
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Squirrel

Lightbulb Thanks, Kevin

Thanks for your post. I agree with you and hope that I can bring a different perspective to my courses and fellow students. I also expect that I will be able to learn from them, as well!

Thanks again.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Anna Mae S. Dinio-Bloch

Hello, Catherine, and a huge warm welcome to Drew!!! I am a recent graduate and former CUE student. I just wanted to urge you to NOT let the "age thing" bother you too much. I have found that the students don't really look at you any differently at all, in fact, they welcome you - your insights/experiences and all that you have to offer. The same goes for the professors. They love having CUE students in their classes because they bring a different perspective and add a wonderful dynamic to the class. I hope that you have as wonderful experiences at Drew as have. I miss it dearly!! Good luck and have a GREAT semester!!

Best,
Anna Mae