Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Student Organizations > On a Different Note
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Melissa A. Cardiello

Default Shenanigans of the OADN sort

Elyse has opened my eyes to the wonderful world of drew forum thingy. and i f-ing HATE the internet.com. however. i was very excited to hear that people were already asking about auditions!!!! wee!!!! singing is fun!

So welcome in advance to all the freshman, i am co-musical director of the group with elyse and am a senior (which is unreal, but true). you will meet everyone at auditions but you know, here we are on the internet, chattin it up.

Elyse did a good job *pats elyse on the back* informing about auditions. just to add on to that, we do have to sing in front of all the other audionees. to some, this may be scary, to other, comforting. i ASSURE you, it is an extremely supportive environment. despite the fact that us girls as a gender are labled as catty and competitive (how comPLETEly false ) everyone is very supportive and nice. i will piggy back off of elyse, reinforcing that you PLEASE bring a recognizable song. we're not talkin happy birthday or mary had a little lamb...if you pick you know, like a country song or whatever, odds are quite a few of us will know it. if we don't, we'll probably kill you. and by kill you, i mean simply ask you to sing something different. don't freak about it.

yeah, we're pretty selective, but a good number of our girls have re-auditioned and gotten in too, so if i can say anything, it's that you shouldn't be too broken up about a cappella. like elyse said, it is very very popular at drew, and there are a gazillion girls at drew, so there ya go. the other thing you should know is that we don't care about your voice part...our arrangments aren't SAA or SAB or anything like that. each girl is fairly versatile. if you can sing the notes in a part we write, than you sing that part. make sense?

don't stress!! and also, we'll be having an activities fair where you can buy our new cd and give it a listen. we do ALL kinds of songs, so if you have questions about a certain type of repertoire that you're hip too, please ask. i will also put my email address out there so we can all chat on the friggin internet. mcardiel@drew.edu. tons 'o fun.

i have a great feeling about the incoming freshman class...i'm certain you will blow us away. it was very hard last fall to turn away any of the thirty-some odd girls that came out...there wasn't one person that was "bad." and i would say if there was. because i'm catty and unsupportive. haha. get it? cause i jsut said that in the last paragraph...get it?

oh boy. elyse just said, "at least they'll come out for auditions knowing they're cooler than me." ... and me.

sing sing sing and we'll see you all in a few days.

meliss
Old 08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Elyse C. Atkinson

OH man, we're cool. OADN Quad is going to be the coolest place EVER.

PS
The internet loves Melissa.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Amanda L. Brennan

HDHDEHEHEH I heard about Melissa's post via telephone.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOVE THE INTERNET K???

Sometimes nice things happen there. Like Lollercoasters.