Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin M. Giza
Apologies for the double-post.

I don't use IE, as again, as I'm one of the few folks who actually bothers to take care of his computer, there's plenty of anti-spyware stuff on here (Ad-Aware Plus SE, presently). There's no spyware or anything to be found here. IE's runnin' like a dream.

Well... as much of a dream as IE can be, anyway.

As for the memory it was taking up, it read as anywhere from 2-7MB per instance of the application.

EDIT: Apologies for not being a little clearer when explaining the memory problem before. For whatever reason, each time I send out an email from groupwise, an extension of the program (GWmailto.exe) opens, and remains open, until I either close it via Task Manager or I reboot my computer. Hence the problem.
GWMailto.exe is the bit that integrates the browser with GroupWise, so that you can click on email links in the browser and have a compose window open in GW. Normally, it will run, do its job, and terminate immediately.

I will try to reproduce the behavior you describe on a stock Drew imaged R40. First, can you let me know what version of the GroupWise components you are running:

In C:\Novell\GroupWise, please check the file date of the grpwise.exe and gwmailto.exe files. If you right click on the files and choose Properties, I'd be looking for the created and modified dates. Also, the file version as well.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Justin M. Giza

I'd check it for you, but my computer just got sick and went to the doctor.

I'll cross my fingers and hope for a speedy recovery so I can take a look for you. Sorry!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Drewid

Yes, and PC MD works hard for little or no co pay! It accepts all insurance plans and has very little malpractice suits against it to date.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 09-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Drewid

Just a side note, if you want to try out the Thunderbird clients w/ groupwise, the you can find instructions here

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."