Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Ranger Cub

Absolutely, you can add my name to the list as well if you want.

Drew really ought to reimburse us for how much money is wasted on shipping due to the shitty organization of the mailroom. I live in North Carolina and it's far cheaper getting prescriptions filled at home than in Madison (50$ from the Madison Pharmacy? hell no.) including the cost for my mom to ship them to me; then having them withheld in the mailroom for a week or so not only proves a waste of my family's money, but could also be detrimental health-wise. The mailroom staff have no idea the degree of urgency of what's being shipped there, and there is no reason NOT to receive our mail on time.

Also, just saying, the overall disrespect of students' mail is pretty disappointing. On several occasions I've ordered (paperback) books, they're shipped here in a manila envelop, and then folded/curled up/wedged into my mailbox. Would it take that much more of your time to fill out one more yellow slip, rather than fuck up my shit? This is a university, everyone's going to be ordering books for class since that's what we're here for, just sd;lkfjsdlfj;s be respectful! So frustrating.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Young Squirrel

That would be real cool Jon. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Squirrel

You can definitely take my name. Thanks, at least we're starting somewhere.

UPDATE: I also feel the need to express that it we are not necessarily criticizing all of the employees in the post office. Some are quite nice, some are slow and don't work, but we can't necessarily blame them for not getting us our mail if it's not getting to them first. The whole process has problems. Just a clarification.

Last edited by Katharene J. Suarez : 02-25-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Junior Drewid

btw Why not skip the whole proposal and go see Kevin or Chief Evans since they are over the mail here and supervise it. If the SGA shows up and says something they might actually take real action rather then let it float in limbo
Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Squirrel

I wasn't planning on doing any kind of proposal, I was actually just going to physically walk over to the mail center and ask them who their supervisor is, then I was going to walk over there and demand to speak with that individual. I find that at a place like Drew it's easier to just get in people's faces of you want anything done. Otherwise they find it easy to ignore you. I will definitely do this during the week. I only asked to use your names because I want to give specific examples when I talk to the admin. I hope you all got your paychecks by now! Stupid mail system.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Young Squirrel

That's fine, I hope something will get accomplished! My experience with the mail room and some of the employees has been so awful and disrespectful I have left practically in tears. Thanks for helping us out!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Ranger Cub

Yeah, +1 on the medication point. I get my Rx filled all the way out in California because it's $15 instead of $120 at the Madison Pharmacy. Problem is, I've had problems more than once with the mailroom not putting the slip for my insulin in the box for several days. It's bad news when I don't get that stuff in a timely fashion -- both for me and for people around me.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Ranger Cub

Edited summary: My package was delivered at 9:00am Monday and by 4:30pm, I still had no card. Strange... I figured they were just being their slow, usual selves and didn't bother checking at the desk... mistake!

Edited Tuesday: Update: Well, when I go back, there is still no slip in my box. So I go to the desk this time and inquire as to what the situation was with the mail in a polite manner. It turns out the card was put into the wrong box by someone else! To make matters worse though, he didn't check my ID when I signed so I could have essentially walked away with a package containing $800 of electronics if I felt like it. Ooops. I don't feel I should disclose the name of the employee here.
I noticed others are having similar troubles with the mailroom, and I don't know who's job it is, nor am I angry at every worker there, but please don't hire a dyslexic individual to put cards into numbered boxes. Thanks and to Jon, I hope you've been able to bring this to the manager's attention.

Rant finished. Thanks...

Last edited by Jordan M. Maslin : 03-01-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Squirrel

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know I have a meeting with Kevin Healy on Friday to discuss the issue of the Post Office. I will let you all know what comes from it. I have shown him this forum already so he knows what is going on. Hopefully we can resolve some of these issues.
-Jon
Old 03-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Ranger Cub

Just saying - I ordered a book February 25th, paid for expedited shipping by priority mail, the USPS website says it's been delivered, and guess what! I still don't have it. So, Drew owes me 8$ in shipping now.

I hope the meeting goes well.