Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Young Squirrel

Default IMAP access

I use Mac Mail for email on my MacBook Pro. This has been working fine using the setup instructions posted at:
https://uknow.drew.edu/confluence/di...ent-IMAPAccess

However, Mail has stopped downloading my new email messages as of March 7 around 9:30 pm. I can get the email through webmail, but this is not ideal. Are there updated IMAP settings?

Last edited by Catherine A. Riihimaki : 03-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM

There have been no changes to the imap configuration for GroupWise. Perhaps try re-entering the server settings, or using a different client such as Thunderbird as this has been tested successfully.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:12 PM

I just tried Apple Mail with my account today and had no problems. You may want to try deleting and re-adding the account to your computer. Have you also tried to sync mail manually from the menu? I think it's under "Tools".
Old 03-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Young Squirrel

Thanks, Mike and Betsy. Manually syncing didn't work (no errors, but no messages since March 7). I'll give Thunderbird a try and repost.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Young Squirrel

Here's an update: I installed Thunderbird and entered the values shown on the CNS help site that I posted in my initial message. I also tried deleting and re-entering my account in Mac Mail. In both cases, I got the same symptoms: everything syncs except my inbox (that is, I see calendar events, trashed messages, and sent messages, but no messages in my inbox at all).

Any advice on how to troubleshoot from here? Perhaps there is a glitch in my inbox settings from the server side? I can bring the computer in to CNS on Monday, if that would be the best approach.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 PM

My best guess is that there is a message you received some time after the evening of March 7th that is causing problems for the Groupwise imap server.

Using webaccess (or the groupwise client, if you have access), I'd move messages received after March 7th from your mailbox folder to another folder. After that, send your self a test message and see if you can read that using Mac Mail. If that works, you can selectively move messages back to your mailbox folder (again, using either webaccess or groupwise), until you can zero in on the problematic message.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Young Squirrel

Unfortunately I had no luck with this approach, Scott. I created a new folder under "Cabinet" and moved my recent messages there, out of the Inbox. Mac Mail can see that new folder and all of the messages in it, but still can't access the Inbox.

I did find this page
https://wiki.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/ls...e/imap_problem
which suggests that the folder structure may have been changed. From my end in webmail and Mac Mail, it doesn't look like my Mailbox has moved. Any chance this could be checked from the server side?