Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > CUE
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Margaret M. Matrisciano

Wink Trish, are you proud?

Hi All,
This is my first time going back to school since I graduated from County College of Morris 3 years ago. I'm happy to finally be finishing up my education with a great group a people, like Trish and Sunita, to help hold my hand through the process. So far, I'm really enjoying my folklore class.

Hope to be in touch with other CUE students thoughtout the year!

-Margie
Old 09-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Ericka M. Diaz

Default Going Back to School

Hello everyone. I sure hope everyone is enjoying their classes. It's good to communicate with people that are in the same shoes as I am. I work here in the Registrar's office and if you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at ext. 3754. As adults we feel a bit out of place and not knowing what to do, in what order to do it, and when to do it. You can also email me at ediaz@drew.edu.

Ericka Diaz
Old 09-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Margaret M. Romeo

Smile Hi fellow CUE members!

Hi everyone,

I agree with Margie that Trish and the CUE staff create a great environment for us to study, socialize and become more involved with the school.
At the CUE luncheon today, some of us discussed ways to be more cohesive as a group. Some of the ideas included study groups here at Drew on Saturdays (with or without kids), ways to become more involved with the clubs and organizations on campus (many of us can't make the late night meeting times!) and occasionally meeting for bagels at the CUE lounge.
Are there other ideas out there for things we can do as a group?

Peggy
Old 09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Young Squirrel

Default So very proud!

Ok, considering that there were 3 posts in under 1 hour from my message, I am extremely happy! I think 3 prizes are in order for Margie, Peggy and Ericka!

Building off os other conversations that happened at lunch today, I'd like to know what kinds of challenges you might be having in using technology for your classes--Blackboard was mentioned today, but are there other programs or class technology requirements that you feel uncertain about? If so, I can try to get a CUE help session together to do some hands-on training and throw in some dinner as well. Let me know what you think.

And thanks for the kind words: Sunita, Angelica and I are always happy to help you guys in whatever ways we can.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Laure D'Angelo

HI everyone,
I would love to come up with a way to help each other with homework time, when we have kids, the day care is all fine but sometimes all we need is a few hours here and there depending on our school schedule.
I was also thinking about fun things to do with our kids on the week-end, like art projects, pool activities, even theater events and music concerts that could be given by other Drew students and show there talents to the kids.
Well if we can come up with something on the week-end I will be there. The Drew Campus is wonderful, it would be a shame not to use it.
Good luck to all CUE students with their hard work.
Laure
Old 11-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Squirrel

Thumbs up Getting there a class at a time

Hi All,

I am sure everyone is pretty excited and relieved with the end of another semester. That means we are oen step closer to graduating. It's always a relief to know that other people are having a working at balancing home, work and school and from time to time finding it a bit stressful. Sometimes because we don't see each other in class, we tend to feel alone. I know I do. It gets so confusing of what do I do now, what should I take or even can I do this class.

I don't know if I'm the only person who feels this way but I would love it if we could be fast-tracked. It would give us an opportunity to be a part of and enjoy the Drew atmospher but at the same time allow us part-timers and full-timers the ability to get out of school just that much faster with our degrees. Like I said, I could be alone in this.

Well, I work here in Alumni/ae House for the Alumni/ae & Parent Relations department and if you are looking to network with fellow alumni/ae, please let me or the department know. I can be reached at pbrown@drew.edu or you can contact the office directly at alumni@drew.edu. My ext. is 3987 and the main line is 3229.

Hope to run into or share a class with some of my fellow CUE future alumni/ae before I graduate.

Tricia Brown
Old 11-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Ranger Cub

Default helpful ideas

I am not a CUE student per se but I am an older student in the Grad school and would love a lesson on using the mediated classrooms. In particular how to get pictures to project and how it can be done without a laptop...(I'm hoping Santa will bring me one for Christmas LOL)