Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Morgan K. Osbaldeston

Hey all, I'm Morgan Osbaldeston. I was born in Toronto, Canada and now live in Norcross, Georgia which is basically a suburb of Atlanta. I'm into horseback riding and autocross, photography and writing. I plan on being an English major. Uhmmm...let's see...I am the only one from my school going to Drew -- in fact I'm the first one to ever have applied to Drew from my school. My first choice seminar was Zen & the Art of Critical Thinking. You can IM me at TwoDreamRides. I'm also on myspace and am about to go set up a facebook account. See y'all soon!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Rachel M. Kenner

Greetings, fellow freshers. You can see what my name is for yourself. I'm from magnificent Massachusetts and plan on majoring in archaeology and tech theatre. Feel free to email or IM me. email is MaidenOfTheShieldarm@gmail.com, and various IMs are in the profile thingy. Look forward to meeting you all come September.

Cheers
Rachel
Old 06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
David C. Flores

like the rest of you i too will be a freshman this fall and i will probably be an economics major. my top semiar choice was the lost in translation course and my 2nd choice was zen and the art of critical thinking. i look foward to meeting you all. by the way has anyone else received the kite runner i just got my copy in the mall today.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Morgan K. Osbaldeston

I haven't recieved my copy of Kite Runner Yet. In fact, I feel like there's a lot of stuff I haven't received yet. Everything I get from drew, though, is dated from about 2 or 3 weeks prior. Must be slow service to the south from New Jersey!!
Old 06-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Kate Costanzo

hi, my name's kate and i'm an incoming freshman (what a shocker). i'm still not sure about what my major's going to be, but i'm considering sociology or economics. i'm the only one in my class going to drew, so i'm a little nervous. i did get my copy of the kite runner this afternoon, which must be the good part about living in jersey. i'm just wondering whether it's better to read it now or hide it away until august.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Morgan K. Osbaldeston

Hide it. That way you'll atleast remember what its about come September..

And because you need to practice up your procrastination skills for when college is in full swing

Last edited by Morgan K. Osbaldeston : 06-24-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:32 PM
David C. Flores

i think i'll start the kite runner some time in the next 2-3 weeks. we have to turn in the 2 page response a week before orientation.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan K. Osbaldeston
I haven't recieved my copy of Kite Runner Yet. In fact, I feel like there's a lot of stuff I haven't received yet. Everything I get from drew, though, is dated from about 2 or 3 weeks prior. Must be slow service to the south from New Jersey!!

Well we only brought them down to the mailroom late Wednesday, so don't worry about not recieving it yet. Also, do you mean postmarked 2 to 3 weeks prior or that the letters are dated 2 to 3 weeks prior? Typically they are dated on the day they are written, not the date they are send out. Before they can be send out, someone has to stuff over 400 of them into envelopes, so a lot of stuff is dated well before it actually gets sent.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Morgan K. Osbaldeston

It varies, sometimes it is postmarked 2 weeks prior to my reception or sometimes just dated 2 weeks prior. It's never really been a problem though, I've always gotten things before deadlines etc. Just makes the wait oh-so-much-more suspenseful and slightly worriesome that maybe things I am sending back won't make it by the deadline.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Meaghan E. Bratichak

Hey all, I'm Meaghan. I'm coming as a freshman, from Brooklyn NY. I'm thinkin English/History major, Italian minor. I signed up for the Spanish film seminar cuz I love Pedro Almodovar- did anyone else go for it? I'd love to chat so I don't feel like a loser at orientation, so feel free! VivaLaVitaDolce

<3 Meaghan