Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Junior Drewid

Any Response from Kevin?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Ranger Cub

I agree any response?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Ranger Cub

Today's Friday. Anticipating response. Thank you Jon and hope the meeting is productive.

Last edited by Jordan M. Maslin : 03-04-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Squirrel

Hello everyone, I had an emergency wisdom teeth extraction and had to cancel our meeting, but will be meeting with him as soon as we get back from break. I will have a response for you when we are back on campus.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Ranger Cub

Just an interesting tidbit I thought I'd throw in here - I ordered books on February 23rd, one of which I selected priority shipping for which I mentioned in an earlier post. It was supposed to arrive by March 1st, it didn't, I contacted the shipper and she was as confused as I was about the book's whereabouts - especially since the USPS website noted its tracking number to have been delivered. After asking several times at the Drew mailroom (which the guy behind the counter was really nice and apologetic about), I called the Madison post office to ask if maybe they'd misplaced it or what the hell ever. They bitched at me and gave me attitude, insisting that if the package was processed that meant they'd already set it aside to be picked up by Drew. I went back to the mailroom, apologized to the guy and asked one last time if there was any chance he'd just missed it - I went into the mailroom WITH him and looked through all of the packages back there to no avail. I left for spring break Friday morning, came back Sunday, went to the mailroom yesterday and finally received this book.

Looking on the package itself, the tag from the person who shipped it says "FEB 25 2011 Priority Mail" - the writing in sharpie which I'm assuming comes from the Madison post office when sorting through mail that comes to Drew, since they explained their sorting process to me over the phone, has my mailbox number on it and the date 3-7-11. There is no reason why it should've taken a book shipped from West Virginia by priority mail over a week to get here.

So...just saying, maybe the problem is with the Madison post office getting sassy having to deal with Drew students' mail all the time, not necessarily Drew's mailroom. I totally agree with a lot of the complaints people have posted here and the mixups like mail going to the wrong boxes, being rude to students, etc. etc. etc. BUT, that's just something else to consider.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Ranger Cub

I've had a problem with the mailroom too: I went home for a weekend, and left some medication at home. This particular medication needs to be taken daily, and I'd already missed two days. My mother sent it to me PRIORITY NEXT DAY DELIVERY, and it arrived on...drumroll...Wednesday. After getting out of a long day of classes and work, I ran over around 4pm to pick up my package which I just *knew* was there. Nope. So the employee told me to go to the Madison post office (which I did), and then they sent me to the annex. Apparently, it is Drew's mail system's fault - not Madison's. The man at the Madison postal annex showed me exactly when all the packages, including my own, were picked up. I drove back to Drew, and it turns out that SURPRISE, my package was at Pepin and someone was to lazy or half ass to bring it over to the UC.

Another gripe I have that others seem to have as well is the lack of timely paycheck deliveries. We are suppose to have our checks AT THE LATEST on Friday morning, and every Friday except one this YEAR my check has not been on time, nor has anyone shown any effort to locate anybody's checks. I don't imagine any other Drew employees get paid late, so why should we?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Squirrel

Hey Everyone! I just emailed everyone in this forum with an update on what I heard from Kevin Healy (he manages the mail room). Hope it helps!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Junior Drewid

Late Checks again