Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Emily E. Serota

Default Community Bathrooms

As a first-year student at drew... and a lazy one at that (I don't feel like looking this information up)... I was wondering:

What are the bathrooms like? Are they co-ed because the rooms on the floors are? Are there "cubbies" to put stuff, because when I visited Goucher they had those and their bathrooms were super sweet... and in the tour for drew they skipped the bathrooms altogether.

so yeah. anyone?
Old 07-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily E. Serota
As a first-year student at drew... and a lazy one at that (I don't feel like looking this information up)... I was wondering:

What are the bathrooms like? Are they co-ed because the rooms on the floors are? Are there "cubbies" to put stuff, because when I visited Goucher they had those and their bathrooms were super sweet... and in the tour for drew they skipped the bathrooms altogether.

so yeah. anyone?

For the 1st year halls, they all have 3 showers, each with a private changing area, I believe. There are no cubies though. They are single sex bathrooms, but if everyone wanted to they could be made co-ed at the first floor meeting.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Matthew J. Stuart

Um, the bathrooms in Tolley and Brown are nothing to write home about. However, if you are living in Welch-Holloway, those aren't so bad.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew J. Stuart
Um, the bathrooms in Tolley and Brown are nothing to write home about.

Unless you want to complain, that is.

seriously, they're not so bad. you get used to them. I'd have serious doubts about leaving my stuff in a cubby, if there were any, unlesss they had locks and doors. I mean, would you trust everyone you've never met that goes into your bathroom not to "borrow" some soap, or accidentally knock everything onto the floor? I wouldn't. but that's just me. Besides, you're going to be going from your room anyway.

Also, I bet your tour skipped tolley/brown, too.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Elder Drewid

I think my tour skipped the dorms altogether.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

"and on your right, you'll see a lovely, non-deadly flock of squirrels."
"ooh, what are those buildings on the left?"
"DON'T LOOK AT THOSE BUILDINGS THEY'RE NOTHING AT ALL LOOK AT THE SQUIRRELS OVER THERE AND NOT THE DORMS OOPS I'VE SAID TOO MUCH ALREADY"

IS THAT HOW IT W- damn capslock. er, is that how it went?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Matthew J. Stuart

I never noticed any cubbies in any of the bathrooms, though there was a suspicious looking box in a bathroom stall in Tolley with a lever on the side. I assume it was some kind of toilet paper dispenser, but whatever was in the thing, it was NOT toilet paper. Tolley-Brown and Welch-Holloway both had little benches that you could put your clothing and toiletries on, and the stalls locked, so you wouldn't have to worry about somebody taking your things. Remember, shower shoes are a MUST. Spread the word!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Emily E. Serota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
"and on your right, you'll see a lovely, non-deadly flock of squirrels."
"ooh, what are those buildings on the left?"
"DON'T LOOK AT THOSE BUILDINGS THEY'RE NOTHING AT ALL LOOK AT THE SQUIRRELS OVER THERE AND NOT THE DORMS OOPS I'VE SAID TOO MUCH ALREADY"

IS THAT HOW IT W- damn capslock. er, is that how it went?

Haha! pretty much... The girl rushed us off to see the "brand new, expensive art wing" she spoke so highly of.

I'm a bio major, therefore, not impressed by the fancy-schmancy-arty-ness.

Clean toilets, however, i'd be impressed.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Keith P. Kovatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily E. Serota
Haha! pretty much... The girl rushed us off to see the "brand new, expensive art wing" she spoke so highly of.

I'm a bio major, therefore, not impressed by the fancy-schmancy-arty-ness.

Clean toilets, however, i'd be impressed.
well that good for u then, if ur a bio major like me ull be studying the strange fungus growing in the shower, everyday itll get bigger and ull have to stand further in the corner of the shower, until one day when it finally engulfs the whole floor and people start going in to wash up ....BuT ThEy DoNt CoMe OuT...
Old 07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew J. Stuart
Tolley-Brown and Welch-Holloway both had little benches that you could put your clothing and toiletries on, and the stalls locked, so you wouldn't have to worry about somebody taking your things.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! whoa!...whoa!

tolley pit doesn't have those benches. hooks were my friend freshman year.

you mean every other floor had benches? wow...