Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily E. Serota
Haha! pretty much... The girl rushed us off to see the "brand new, expensive art wing" she spoke so highly of.

I'm a bio major, therefore, not impressed by the fancy-schmancy-arty-ness.

Clean toilets, however, i'd be impressed.
As a bio major, when you get to molecular you get to find out just how dirty those bathrooms really are.....JOY!

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! whoa!...whoa!

tolley pit doesn't have those benches. hooks were my friend freshman year.

you mean every other floor had benches? wow...
But think of all the wonderful qualities Tolley 1st had, Ninjas, Bananas, movie night, drunks stumbling through on the way to the suites, all that in addition to the never dying fungus. And most importantly, we had less fire alarms than Brown...HAHA.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Daniel I. Sorenson

well besides the fungus growing in community showers in all dorms (my high school boarding school to be one of them) does anyone know if the showers at drew have actual knobs or if they are just buttons you push to get the water out?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel I. Sorenson
well besides the fungus growing in community showers in all dorms (my high school boarding school to be one of them) does anyone know if the showers at drew have actual knobs or if they are just buttons you push to get the water out?
THey have a single lever/knob, it just controls temp, no pressure control. And the heads are usually at least 1/2 clogged, and depending on the dorm, hot water may or may not be available. All part of the "fun" of Drew

Old 07-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
THey have a single lever/knob, it just controls temp, no pressure control. And the heads are usually at least 1/2 clogged, and depending on the dorm, hot water may or may not be available. All part of the "fun" of Drew

When I was younger, the camp I went to was a travel camp. Instead of staying in hotels we stayed at colleges. If you think Drew is bad, there was a college in New York featuring "Unitemp Showers." All the showers were always 76 degrees. At least here we get hot water most of the time. I imagine the problem is like this at most other schools though. There is only so much hot water at one time and once it gets used, more has to be heated.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Matthew J. Stuart

Red face My bad

Quote:
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! whoa!...whoa!

tolley pit doesn't have those benches. hooks were my friend freshman year.

you mean every other floor had benches? wow...

My bad-there were no benches in Tolley-Brown stalls. I used one of those convenient recycling buckets to hold all of my stuff. I had to tell people several times that I was not recycling dirty laundry and soap. Sheesh!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer

whoo, I was worried that every other floor had decent things.

Using a recycling bucket would be a good idea, if you trusted it to be clean. Of course, they were new our freshman year, weren't they? But I wouldn't use one for that purpose now.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Matthew J. Stuart

Quote:
whoo, I was worried that every other floor had decent things.

Using a recycling bucket would be a good idea, if you trusted it to be clean. Of course, they were new our freshman year, weren't they? But I wouldn't use one for that purpose now.

Yes, I did use one that was nice and new, so cleanliness was not a concern. And if you were really that concerned, you could just clean it out before using it. Of course, you SHOULD use them to recycle things. Like paper and beer bottles.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Danna L. Gutman

Default community bathrooms are yuck.

especially in halls like T/B, where the floors are coated in a new layer of vomit every weekend. which is conveniently when nobody comes in to clean. yay!
actually, I'm not a clean freak and I never had any *serious* problems with these bathrooms. but I have to say that given the choice between these and more private conditions... it's pretty obvious what's nicer.
this is part of why I'm quite happy to be living in a townhouse this year, after a semester in a theme house last fall... the semi-private bathrooms are key. cleaner, more comfortable... and fun to decorate. so, freshmen, if decent bathrooms are a high priority for ya, I'd suggest moving on up to a theme house second semester, and opting for Riker, townhouses or theme houses next year. there are definitely great things to be said about living in the other residence halls in terms of community, etc - but the bathrooms aren't anything to brag about.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Samantha N. Ruttura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. Kovatch
well that good for u then, if ur a bio major like me ull be studying the strange fungus growing in the shower, everyday itll get bigger and ull have to stand further in the corner of the shower, until one day when it finally engulfs the whole floor and people start going in to wash up ....BuT ThEy DoNt CoMe OuT...

eww thats so gross your kidding right... the bathrooms are at least CLEAN right? im in tolley im not looking forward to it as of now..... i went to boarding school so i thought i was used to gross but nasty showers like fugus showers i dont think i can deal with.... please tell me you were joking there are people there that like clean the pubic areas right?