Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha N. Ruttura
eww thats so gross your kidding right... the bathrooms are at least CLEAN right? im in tolley im not looking forward to it as of now..... i went to boarding school so i thought i was used to gross but nasty showers like fugus showers i dont think i can deal with.... please tell me you were joking there are people there that like clean the pubic areas right?

I think you'll find that most college students minor in complaining. Are the bathrooms spotless? Of course not. However, most people find that while they aren't ideal, they do just fine. I've never been in a bathroom here that I felt was too dirty to use.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danna L. Gutman
especially in halls like T/B, where the floors are coated in a new layer of vomit every weekend. which is conveniently when nobody comes in to clean. yay!
actually, I'm not a clean freak and I never had any *serious* problems with these bathrooms. but I have to say that given the choice between these and more private conditions... it's pretty obvious what's nicer.
this is part of why I'm quite happy to be living in a townhouse this year, after a semester in a theme house last fall... the semi-private bathrooms are key. cleaner, more comfortable... and fun to decorate. so, freshmen, if decent bathrooms are a high priority for ya, I'd suggest moving on up to a theme house second semester, and opting for Riker, townhouses or theme houses next year. there are definitely great things to be said about living in the other residence halls in terms of community, etc - but the bathrooms aren't anything to brag about.
I dont know, when I was in Tolley 1 in 03-04, and we rarely had puke covered floors. Occasionally in the stairwell, but it wasnt so bad.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha N. Ruttura
eww thats so gross your kidding right... the bathrooms are at least CLEAN right? im in tolley im not looking forward to it as of now..... i went to boarding school so i thought i was used to gross but nasty showers like fugus showers i dont think i can deal with.... please tell me you were joking there are people there that like clean the pubic areas right?
If your looking for someone to clean pubic areas, its not gonna be the facilities staff. They do however clean the hallways and bathrooms every day (except the weekend). However if there is a particularly nasty mess, the floor might get hit w/ an excessive cleaning bill or a biohazard charge, so its best if you clean up your own messes as best you can.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Emily E. Serota

Floors can get extensive cleaning bills ?! what?!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily E. Serota
Floors can get extensive cleaning bills ?! what?!
If facilities needs to spend extra time cleaning your floor of puke or clogged toilets or whatever, they could charge you for making them clean it up (espescially when dealing w/bio hazzard stuff), but since they dont know who made the mess, they spread the cost out over the whole floor. Same thing for damages to the floor or lounges.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 AM
Amanda L. Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
I dont know, when I was in Tolley 1 in 03-04, and we rarely had puke covered floors. Occasionally in the stairwell, but it wasnt so bad.

I lived on T-1 last year. And there was a period when our lounge was locked for a few days and no one knew why. Until we went around back and looked in the giant picture window. Biggest mistake ever. Facilities totally won at cleaning that up after a week
Old 07-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
If your looking for someone to clean pubic areas, its not gonna be the facilities staff.

damn, you beat me to it.

/would have submitted it with a better headline.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
damn, you beat me to it.

/would have submitted it with a better headline.
Wha?, you pay for TF now? And besides, that was carefully worded. It would have been easier to say that there's an extra charge for facilities to clean the pubic areas

Old 07-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Danna L. Gutman

Quote:

Ok, sorry... T/B is generally coated in vomit excepting the substance free floor of Tolley 1...

although I judging from some comments above, it seems T1 gets its share of mess too?
Old 08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danna L. Gutman
Ok, sorry... T/B is generally coated in vomit excepting the substance free floor of Tolley 1...

although I judging from some comments above, it seems T1 gets its share of mess too?
It depends on the year, 03-04, T1 was awsome and didnt get that many puke incidents (at least no where near as much as B1). We only had a few people who decided to drink on the floor and subsequently couldnt handle their acolmohol.