Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Squirrel

Default Wireless

Does anyone know how to use/connect to the wireless internet when you are off-campus (such as, when I am at home)? I have tried connecting to the local/found WLAN from the ThinkVantage Access Connections. (Hope that makes sense - I'm not very computer savvy).
Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Ranger Cub

Corey, you need to search for an access point under the think vantage connections section. Then when you find one you might need to upload information into your laptop so the wireless access approvals of your computer. I had to do that at home, its just putting in the wireless router's ID if it is protected by a firewall.

Last edited by Anthony F. Capasso : 06-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Jessica C. Hiller

you can try calling CNS. they'd probably be able to help
Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Pia G. Torain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N. Moist
Does anyone know how to use/connect to the wireless internet when you are off-campus (such as, when I am at home)? I have tried connecting to the local/found WLAN from the ThinkVantage Access Connections. (Hope that makes sense - I'm not very computer savvy).

Make sure that your wireless switch is on. It is located on the bottom left corner of your laptop just under your windows vista sticker. If should be pushed to the right(on). Then ThinkVantange Access should be able to find wireless networks in your home.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Jackie DiLorenzo

If your wireless network at home is encrypted (password protected/not open), you'll need to configure your computer. If it is open, just go to wireless connection status -> find WLAN -> click on your network and click connect. If it has a lock next to the name, it's encrypted. It'll tell you you need to modify your settings (or whatever it says), and then you'll need to input the WEP/wireless password that came with your router.