Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Squirrel

Default Musicians, Artists, Dancers, Performers, Writers!!!

A proposal has just been submitted to have an Art House for next fall, a place that would bring together people from the different art forms under living environment!

Our departments are housed together under the DoYo, but we never interact, we get to know each other. A theme house of this nature would allow for interaction between these unique and strong departments while promoting the arts to the greater Drew community!

We're looking for people who would commit to living in such a theme house for next fall, as well as support from the Drew Community. Post your support of such a theme house here!

If you'd like to possibly live in Art House, post or email your name, major/minor, and class by this Sunday. If you're interested in living in such a house but can't commit yet, you can also indicate your interest as an alternate to being a member.

Let's bring something different to Drew! Let's exemplify our talents and feed into each others art forms! Show your support today!!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Young Squirrel

This is awesome. People should get involved!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Young Squirrel

This sounds great - I'm a writer and I'd love to be a part of this house.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Ranger Cub

I'm definitely interested in the idea for it.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Matice A. McMillan

This is a great idea. Count me in. I'm interested. I'm an Studio Art major and i am very involved in the arts and i would love to be in the environment of other artists.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Squirrel

This sounds awesome! I can't say I commit...but I'll consider it! You have my support.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Ranger Cub

I'm as studio art major and though I can't commit yet, this is a great idea and I'm definitely interested =]
Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Ranger Cub

Default Reply...

This is definitely a wonderful opportunity.

I am running a program on March 20th that exemplifies Tolley-Brown residents which posses outstanding talent in art. I would like to tell the performers and attendees about the house!! Also if you need to find interest or if you just like art come by and check it out March 20th t.b lounge 7-9 pm

some Q's tho-

Do you have more specifics like who would be reviewing applicants and such? How many people would live there, where it would be, and what number of each type of art students would be admitted?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Squirrel

This is an amazing idea! I am definitely interested. I'm a sophomore and a music major and possible art minor.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Squirrel

Hi Casey,

Firstly, I think it would great to promote the house if it's approved at the Visions-on-the-Wall event.

Right now, the proposal has been submitted and there will be a presentation for the housing committee next week, with a decision made over spring break.

We're looking for 12 residents from any of the following majors or minors: Music, Theater, Art, Art History, English, Art Administration and Museology, Dance, and Writing. These members should represent a diverse range of areas of study, gender, year, background, and personality. A group people who take their art seriously, but who want to live in a fun environment.

To get off the ground, there is no application. we're looking for people who would commit to living in this possible house. From there, a list will be compiled with the main twelve members as well as a list of alternative members that will be given to ResLife Monday.

I will be trying to make contact with people interested in living in possible Art House that I don't know during this week to talk to them. Get to know them a little better, understand their background in their field... nothing too crazy.

As for where this house would be, that would depend on the committee. Proposed has been preferably a townhouse, as well as Asbury or a couple of the McLendon suites. Some of the nitty-gritty details will be up to the housing committee if they approve.

I feel adamant that this is something that could really make a difference at Drew, and the interest that both students and professors have shown makes me feel that this is something that should really happen. So e-mail ResLife and let them know that you support this, even if you're not interested in living there. This can be a great influence on the Drew community!