Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Kristen M. Shubeck

Default Forwarding Mail

Is there a way that I can forward my email to another email account like gmail? Also when does the drew email expire for graduated seniors?
Old 05-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Kristen M. Shubeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen M. Shubeck
Is there a way that I can forward my email to another email account like gmail? Also when does the drew email expire for graduated seniors?

I actually figured it out. For those of you who don't know if you are in webmail go to Options on the top right, then Rules, then forwarding. Don't set any parameters and it will happen all the time. Have it sent to your new email address...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM

Documentation for forwarding can be found at http://www.drew.edu/depts/its.aspx?id=2402

ulogin accounts and email addresses for this spring's graduates will be deactivated on November 30th, 2010. Your Drew email address will no longer forward or be available after that date.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Sarah G. Davie

what if i dont have group wise? i dont see this options button lol
Old 05-18-2010, 09:34 AM

The Options button is at the upper right hand of the webmail client. Click on Options > Rules > and next to Create click the pull-down menu and select "Forward." This does not allow you to auto-delete the sent item, so your mailbox quota could be exceeded pretty quickly.

You could download and install GroupWise by following directions at https://uknow.drew.edu/confluence/di...oupWise+Client After setting the mail to forward (making sure to delete the extra copies from the Sent folder), you can uninstall the program if you wish.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Stephen Finlan

Default not wise

Scott, I tried to fulfill your instructions here, but my ignorance is blocking me. I went to webmail.drew.edu to read my mail, and I found a "Tools" menu, but not a "rules" choice. So evidently I'm not really in the proper "Group Wise" location. I thought I was automatically in Group Wise, if I am reading my email, but evidently not so.

Clueless,
Steve Finlan
Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Stephen Finlan

Default I saw Betsy's

UPDATE (and apologies):
I read Betsy’s message, and I tried that, getting to the “Create Rule - Forward” box, but I don’t see what I need there.
I don’t actually want to forward any NEW email, just some of my EXISTING folders. Is that possible?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 05-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Ranger Cub

Default WebAccess Directions for Forwarding Drew Email

Steve,

Are you actually using the GroupWise client that's installed on the desktop of your drew computer, or are you using WebAccess, which you use by opening a web browser? The function is the same, but you have to use a slightly different set of directions if you are using WebAccess.

You'll know you're in WebAccess if you see Novell GroupWise WebAccess at the top, left hand side of the screen.

To forward your email from WebAccess:

1. Go to the Options menu at the top right side of the screen.

2. Choose Type: Forward. A new dialog box will appear.

Fill out the form with the following values:

Rule Name: Forwarding (or whatever you want to name the rule)

If: TO Contains yourdrewusername@drew.edu

then, do the action defined below

To: the email address you want to forward to

Subject: Whatever you want to indicate it's a forwarded email from your Drew account.

Click Save.

You will be taken back out to the Options menu. The Activate box next to your new forwarding rule should be checked. If it's not, make sure to check the box - that's what activates the rule and makes it run. It will run until you come back into Rules and uncheck the box.

If you have other questions, please contact us in the Student Technology Education Lab at 973 408 3003, via email at its@drew.edu, or via chat on GroupWise Messenger under Tools -> Chatrooms -> Teaching and Learning Support.

Krista White
Student Technology Education Lab
Training Coordinator