Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Student Organizations > DUDS
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Young Squirrel

Default Season Production Positions

Hey all you directors & designers,

I thought that I might start this thread in the hopes that we as a department could get a better feel for who is doing what, and who is interested in the production positions for our upcoming DUDS season.

If you are a director in need of a designer, technical director, or whatever, please post here so that your fellow students are aware of the opening.

In addition, if you are looking for an opportunity to particpate in our production program, please post your area of interest and what productions you would like to be involved with.

If you have any questions about the responsibilities of a particular production position, please e-mail me at aelliot@drew.edu.

Best,

Andy

Last edited by Andrew A. Elliott : 06-24-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Lisa J. Agiewich

Default Designers needed

Hey there-
Not that I am positive anybody will read this, but I am directing WASP by Steve Martin in the fall and I am in need of a set designer and hair and makeup designer. All assistant positions are still open. Woohoo! You can email me at LAgiewic@drew.edu if you are interested.
Big Sloppy Kisses
~~Lisa
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Caitlin Smith

Hi! I am directing The Zoo Story by Edward Albee which goes up with Lisa's show. We are looking for a set designer, costume designer, and technical director. If you are interested or would like to know more email me at csmith1@drew.edu. You do not need to have any previous experience designing for a show but you need to have taken or be currently taking the theater design class. If you are interested in designing but have not taken the class yet let us know - like Lisa's show, we are also looking for assistants in every position. This is a great opportunity to get involved, learn a whole lot and have a whole lot of fun. and who doesn't like fun? no one that's who.

caitlin smith
Old 08-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Ryan J. Crowley

The Zoo Story?!? Truly an amazing play. Great to finally see some Albee at Drew. Good luck Caitlin!
Old 08-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Jenna L. Scandone

hey, im an incoming freshmen so im sure youll want someone with more expiriance in your theatres, but im pretty versitile and have expiriance in all aspects of backstage work as well as acting, so basicly im offering myself up for any possition, put me to work!
Old 08-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Not the first Albee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan J. Crowley
The Zoo Story?!? Truly an amazing play. Great to finally see some Albee at Drew. Good luck Caitlin!

Well, The Zoo Story has been done at Drew before. Of course, that was when you were all in preschool. . .
Old 08-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Jenna L. Scandone

ive worked on a steve martin show before. i would love to do so again.

are most parts reserved for theater majors?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Young Squirrel

Hey, Jenna! Glad you're interested in theatre! Any student is welcomed to join the Drew University Dramatic Society (DUDS). Rumor on the street is that the first general DUDS meeting of the year will be Wednesday, Sept. 7th and you are definitely welcome to come and hear about the upcoming productions and what the needs are. Even as a freshman you will have the opportunity to get involved with light hangs, builds, run crew and auditioning. Drew does a great job giving us the opportunity to explore most of the positions in the theatrical world from running crew to designing to acting and directing. Usually our only hinderance is the limit of 24 hours to each day.

-Heather